• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Frosty Pink Glitter Beeswax Lip Balm

Pimptress

smiles.gif
I give credit to the Rose pigment lip gloss tutorial on inspiring me to make a mess of my mother's kitchen and find good uses for my pigments.

The first tutorial I have for you today is Burt's Bees Frosy Pink Glitter Lip Balm in a tin.

You will need:
lipbalm1.jpg

A Microwave
A pairing knife
2 Bowls in different sizes
Burt's Bees Lip Balm Tin
MAC Fuschia Pigment
MAC Frost Pigment
MAC Crystallized Pink Glitter

First of all, put a nice clean paper towel down so you don't mess up mom's pretty kitchen counters.

Fill up a measuring cup with some water, microwave for 3 or 4 minutes or so until you see it boiling. Keep it in the microwave and prepare the next part.

lipbalm2.jpg

Place the lip balm open in a small bowl, add 2 parts Fuschia pigment, 1 part frost pigment, and 1 part Crystallized Pink glitter.

Here's a closer up picture of the pigment on top of the lip balm... note that the frost and crystallized pink glitter are slightly covering the fuschia pigment, so it might not look like there is a lot there, but I actually did end up adding some more when I was mixing later on...
lipbalm3.jpg

CAREFULLY pour VERY HOT water into the bowl ON THE SIDES NOT ON THE LIPBALM so it comes just below the rim of the tin container.
lipbalm4.jpg

Cover your bowl with a larger bowl, and go get a beer (or in my case, put the beer in the freezer for your boyfriend and you) while you wait about 5 minutes for the balm to soften up a lot.
lipbalm5.jpg

I don't have any pictures of the mixing process for some reason, but after awhile the lip balm will be very soft and mixable. (HINT: the sides of the container will look like the balm there is liquified... I didn't feel like waiting/boiling again to make it entirely liquid) Use your pairing knife to mix the pigment and lip balm together and then smooth it off with the curved part of the knife or your finger to make a nice, even, pretty surface.

Ta-Da! Now you have a BEAUTIFUL very girlie color of your FAVORITE and BEST winter defense! Be careful not to let the boys use it though! they won't like the outcome!
smiles.gif

lipbalm6.jpg

This tutorial brought to you lovingly by Nikki, your resident Pimptress.
bynikki.jpg

Pimptress

p.s. this lipbalm is strikingly similar to Morning Glory lustreglass but without so much shine. which happens to be my favorite lustreglass so i am very pleased with the outcome. did i mention it kicks ass?

cyens

Quote:
Be careful not to let the boys use it though! they won't like the outcome

Awww com'on I love to tease guys like that!!!!

MACmermaid

this is an awesome tutorial! thanks for taking the time to do this. i'm going to have to try this...i have all these pigment vials just sitting there waiting for me to do something with them, and now i know what to do with them. thanks!
smiles.gif

Meeperiffic

LOL! I did the same thing only with the tube gloss, because I hate touching lip gloss. It does look awesome though!

laeticia

it shd work if i used the lip balm in a tube instead right? just more messy cos i'll have to melt/mix it in a separate container

Ada

Wow, what a great idea! I'm going to pick up a few of those lip balm tins (I love burt's bees, but I usually use the stick kind) and make some of my own!.

I used Bright Fuschia pigment as a lip coor once and it was HOT-- I might make one with that. I'm also thinking Pink Bronze for some reason, although maybe that would look wierd...