Ganguro Kogal Japanese Girl look :) <for halloween>

c00ki312

thats..kinda...scary...

never seen those girls before? are they like a gang or sumthing or its just their makeup? lol

kimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
Fantastic idea for Halloween! Great approach with your makeup. Helpful feedback as well.

Those girls are really just the strangest combo of Pam Anderson, blackface (not something that needs to come back) and Anime. I am curious as to how that look evolved.

i read somewhere that they're supposed to be kind of like americanized harajuku girls, which supposedly explains the fake tan, bleached hair and french tips.
winks.gif
but i'm not positive...that's all hearsay i think.

anyhow, i like how you did your makeup. what did you use on your lips to make them so white?

j_absinthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy
i read somewhere that they're supposed to be kind of like americanized harajuku girls, which supposedly explains the fake tan, bleached hair and french tips.
winks.gif
but i'm not positive...that's all hearsay i think.

anyhow, i like how you did your makeup. what did you use on your lips to make them so white?

That's what it is in many ways. It's a rebellion against Japanese female archtypes, and since many Japanese youth have a fascination with all things foreign (especially American) it's only natural that something so glamourized here and frowned upon there would gain such a cult status.

It looks good! The only thing I would change is I would *consider*trying out some of the suggestions on the lips. It looks great but kind of gives me a more "mod" impression. Try the clara bow look, see how you like it. Looks awesome though, great interpretation. Would love to see the look again when you buy the wig and all the other stuff!!