Genuine 2.4g Beaux lustreglass????!!

MisaMayah

Please help someone!

I just bought a few things from an Ebay seller in Canada. Including a Beaux lustreglass. I did notice this particular item when I bought it didn't have a pic but as the sellers other Mac items seemed fine (the other ones I recieved look genuine),I thought it would be ok.

Now im suspicious the reason why this seller didnt put a pic of the lustreglass is because it isn't genuine. I already have a Beaux lus/g which I bought from MAC in 2005 and they are nothing alike.

Here are the differences:
Size: 4.8g (MAC) 2.4g (Ebay)
Container: approx 1.25cm diameter (MAC) Approx 1cm diameter, much thinner (Ebay)
Font: (Ebay) letters of 'Lustreglass' are more spaced out
Colour: (Ebay) noticably darker brown
Name/batch sticker: (EBay) does not have one at the bottom whereas all my other Mac glosses do. Only has 'A37' printed on the bottom)
Other: (Ebay) Product info printed on the tube (e.g name, weight, made in Italy etc..) Whereas none of my other MAC glosses have this info on them.

panda0410

Is it a mini gloss from a set? I'm wondering becasue it sounds an awful lot like it was a gloss split from a set - which ebay sellers often do. COuld you give us the name of the seller please?

MisaMayah

That's what I was thinking, maybe it was part of a mini set but I dont remember there being one this year as the cose was A37. I'll email you the sellers name because i dont want to slate their name if it is indeed genuine!
Thanks for your help!

panda0410

I had a look at the sellers other listings, some of them are dubious, others are clearly authentic. The other thing I noticed is that this seller is based in HK, not Canada. Some of the listings say Canada but the other 90%+ listings state HK and I would be fairly careful of buying from HK based sellers.
Other than that without a pic I cant tell for sure - I dont recall a mini set being released that time this year either???

MisaMayah

She's now saying that it is genuine and if it wasnt Ebay would've picked up on it. She's informed me it was from a warhoues in CAnada??? I dont know what to say to her!

wolfsong

MAC doesnt sell direct from warehouse so i dont know what thats about?!
Ebay has better things to do then search every listing put up to check authenticity of items. They rely on buyers/sellers to tell them about fraudulant aucitons.