getting over phobias

MACATTAK

OMG Unsolved Mysteries was the scariest show ever!! Plus Robert Stack's voice only added to the scariness! I could only watch that show with other people & with the lights on!

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACATTAK
OMG Unsolved Mysteries was the scariest show ever!! Plus Robert Stack's voice only added to the scariness! I could only watch that show with other people & with the lights on!

Ah!! Same here!

I remember there was a unsolved mysteries one night about alien abductions, I did NOT sleep that night..

MiCHiE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACATTAK

I'm glad I'm not the only one! My best friend would laugh at me all the time. WTF was up with him (Robert Stack) and the damn foggy alleys?!?! Talking about "in character"! He even made happy endings scary!

MACATTAK

lol.gif
That is soo true!

alien21xx

I've never been able to get over my fear of dogs, but I don't get panic attacks anymore when I see one. I think it's because my family started keeping dogs when I first had my panic attack. My mom didn't want me to grow up hating dogs because I can see that they're really good pets for other people.

I'm still afraid of dogs, of course, but I'm not going to die if I see one coming near me.

Of course now, I have a new phobia: churches. I don't feel any visceral fear over it. I just dead away faint when I get into one. Though I think it must be because of claustrophobia on that one.
tong.gif

KAIA

I have the biggest phobia for roedants (rats, mice, squirrels, etc...). I am unable to look at them, not even on movies, i would have goosebumps, my pressure would be so down, my heartbeat super fast, nauseas.. a mess!!
few months ago, I saw a mouse, I was about to faint, I saw it in my job, and it was so bad I had to go home, 'til they call ecolab, anybody else have phobias for roedants?

MsCuppyCakes

Let's see, I'm deathly afraid of Tarantula's, probably from watching the Black and White move, "Tarantula." Snakes creep me out, and I have actually taken a picture with one when I was younger. But the thing that creeps me out to no end are worms, particularly after the rain, walking across a muddy/squishy lawn. Just feeling my foot sink down in the mud and seeing the worms squiggling about Yuch! I have to watch my every step.

OliviaChristine

I have a horrible phobia of thunderstorms. When I lived in Oregon, I had experienced just a couple in my whole life, so it was a non-issue. I actually didnt realize that I had the phobia until I moved to Houston, where there are tons and tons of thunderstorms. I just cant function when there is a thunderstorm. I can hardly control the urge to run, cover my eyes and ears, cry, etc. I've almost caused an accident while driving in a thunderstorm, so I now have to pull off of the road whenever one is happening. People who know about my fear try to be understanding, but it really is hard to understand how fearful I am, especially for people who are so used to them.
cry.gif

I've tried every thing to get over my fear, and nothing seems to be working. I have been looking into a hypnotist...so, kimmy, I'll let you know if it works for me. If it doesnt, I'll have to convince my husband to move away from SE TX. We get an average of 50-60 thunderstorm days a year here in Houston, and that is just too many days of misery for me to endure
ssad.gif

MACATTAK

I've been to a hypnotist for a different issue. It's really, really relaxing (like you feel like you want to just sleep afterwards), but it didn't work for me
ssad.gif
It was a waste of $300.00, but it might work for someone else.

MiCHiE

As long as I have 2 feet or a broom nearby, I'm not trying to be hynotized to deal with roaches. DIE BITCHES!

CantAffordMAC

lol @ the unsolved mysteries thing. I used to be scared to watch that alone too. I wonder if it was real? I remember one where this army guy was walking through an airport and passed someone who looked EXACTLY like him! Like as in, every single thing was the same, same family, birthday, physical appearance. You may say they were twins, but oh no. They weren't.

Ooh, that show was spooky.

spectrolite

I'm terrified of so many things but I like to think that I am getting better at dealing with them as I get older. I am afraid of heights, big Australian spiders, bees/wasps, stick insects/praying mantises (wtf.. why do they look so gross!), and lightning. I think lightning is definitely my biggest phobia. If there is a thunder storm I just freak out and want to hide under my bed until it's over hehe. I can't understand how some people like to go outside and watch the light show during a storm. Crazy!

jenee.sum

I'm TERRIFIED of spiders! But ever since I met centipedes, spiders aren't so bad anymore! but still terrified of them! Centipedes walk at like 60km/hr so it's like impossible to kill them unless u have a mop/broom with u as a weapon! and those things look like they can attack u and eat u alive!! fuck they're scary! *shivers*

so i guess unless u find sumthing SCARIER than wasps, doubt u'll get over it! and even if u DO find sumthing scarier, u'll probably still be scared of it a little...juss like me with my spiders.