Givenchy Cosmetics

Antigone

Sam of Pixiwoo made me want Le Rouge 205 Fuchsia Irresistible so badly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2WZKwiV4NU

How is the quality of their lipsticks? Smell/taste? Pigment/staying power?

How are the rest of the cosmetics?

katred

Specktra Bestie

I haven't tried one of the new lipsticks, but the other products of theirs I've tried have been very good, in keeping with what you'd expect from a brand like Dior, for instance. Their Noir Couture mascara is phenomenal. Their Gelee Interdit glosses are sheer but nice. The one lipstick I have from them is older (well, 2011 Spring) and is the most gorgeous orange lipstick I have ever seen.

Monsy

I have four of the old lipsticks and love them, just like katred said in the same category as any other high end . love the blushes too. if you like matte and kind of easy to apply

their prisme libre is the best loose powder on the market. unfortunately discontinued from the us

glosses are really good too

i also used cleanser for face, it was great and very gentle

Dominique33

Givenchy le Rouge is couture and high end, the texture is smooth and good and the packaging is really pretty. But honestly it's not better than any luxury lipstick and it's pricey ( 33 € here ). The formula is very good though, but most brands do have very good formulas now. I have some new Smart lipsticks by Kiko here ( 3,90 € ! ) the formula is similar and the colours are great.
The Diorific are very good too, the Chanel RA too, some MAC and Nars lipsticks too, it's difficult to make a choice but if you search for a very couture lipstick Le Rouge is for you.

Antigone

I actually really like the shade Sam of Pixiwoo is wearing. This will be my first Givenchy lippie, if ever.

However I'm having a hard time because I don't like lipstick that has a taste/smell.

User38

~~ Home on a Friday night ~~..

Antigone, I asked Shypo (waves to C!
wavey.gif
) to grab me one that precise shade of ls from Givenchy.. I have a number of Givenchy ls and products. I love them. The taste/smell is not bothersome, but then I am only susceptible to rancid and overly perfumed products. The shade made me want it immediately as I don't have anything in my ginormous stash like it.

friends.gif
Katred.. I recovered from my illness and have had a slight relapse. I need a long long long vacation to recover. My work and personal life is killing me.

Antigone

^Do let me know how it taste/smell!

If it tastes and smells like the Rimmel Kate lippies I cannot stand those :(

But I am inlove with the shade <3

Is the shade similar to NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Yu? I just bought that!

User38

Givenchy has no taste and has a soft texture..

will let you know about the smell once I get it.. right now I have a stuffed nose anyway.. ha... the colour: unlike any I own, so I will put up with the slight scent if any.

Miss QQ

I can't wait to see Fuchsia Irresistible. There is a matching nail polish too, and I think I have to get it too.

Antigone

Chanel VA is my HG. So I am naturally curious about this:

http://www.sephora.com/fluid-foundation-airy-light-mat-radiance-spf-20-pa-P375168?skuId=1443837

Anyone tried this?

Antigone

Givenchy has no taste and has a soft texture..

will let you know about the smell once I get it.. right now I have a stuffed nose anyway.. ha... the colour: unlike any I own, so I will put up with the slight scent if any.
Please do. I'm excited!

Miss QQ

I saw the Le Rouge and the nail polishes. The tube is fatter than the usual lipstick tube. I smelt the lipstick and it was a light floral scent, nothing too fruity which I dislike. I tried Fuchsia Irresistible and Hibiscus Exclusif on my lips. They glided on and were pigmented and matte. I left FI on and after a short while my lips felt dry, but I always have dry lips. FI left an even stain on my lips. HE is a beautiiful, soft pink while FI is bright and intense. I swatched it next to Schiap and you can see below that FI is much more fuchsia and intense. I also tried the matching FI nail polish and they are exactly matching. I came back with the lipstick.

I really like Rouge Interdit in 21 Vamp Pink. I haven't been to Givenchy counter much so I've not played with their products. There is a matching gloss for FI, which is Gloss Interdit 07 Glamorous Fuchsia. So those who prefer something more moist might consider getting it instead.

2nd column with four colours, top to bottom: Rose Taffetas, Schiap, Fuchsia Irresistible, Hibiscus Exclusif
To the right one Schiap is Glamorous Fuchisa gloss.
To the left of Schiap is Vamp Pink. Below, I can't remember the two LR colours.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thanks for the review and swatches MissQQ!! I'm curious to try this formula but I'm not sure what's going on with it. Sephora had it up in displays a couple of weeks ago, but I haven't yet seen any actual stock in stores, just the displays. I'm a little nervous of the dryness, since I work in an extremely dry office (dry enough that I can't wear lipstick every day- I have to switch to a gloss at least once or twice during the week).

Miss QQ

I know what you mean. I spend most of my time in an air-con environment too and I have dry lips to begin with. Most of the time I wear a bit lipgloss on top of lipstick or just lipgloss. I have been playing with the applications. I applied it over lip balm and felt it was dry, so I topped it with gloss. After an hour or so, my lips didn't feel dry and the colour was almost gone after eating and drinking, so I applied the lipstick directly and for the half a day, with about 2 or 3 more applications, my lips didn't feel dry or uncomfortable. So I feel that if your lips are well moisturised to start with, the lipstick will not dry out your lips if you wear it for half to a day. I don't really like the scent but it doesn't bother me enough to not to wear the lipstick. I like the colour very much!

LiliV

I really want to try the new Teint Couture foundation that's coming in August. I'm hoping that my current foundation bottle (Burberry Velvet) lasts until it launches, I don't want to have to buy a refill when I'm planning on switching and then have it lay around. I'm going to be in Paris in July, I'm hoping I can find it when I'm there so that I don't have to worry about running out of mine now. It looks like a formula I'll really love! I've been foundation hunting ever since they discontinued YSL Teint Resist and still haven't found one I like as much

LiliV

The Teint Couture foundation is available on Sephora.com now but the shades are wrong. They have Porcelain listed as number 8, which is the darkest number...

mymacaddiction

The Teint Couture foundation is available on Sephora.com now but the shades are wrong. They have Porcelain listed as number 8, which is the darkest number...
They are all fixed now. I emailed them about the same thing yesterday. I can't wait to try this foundation. It looks amazing!!

LiliV

My Teint Couture came in today and so far I really like it. It definitely is one of those "second skin" foundations like it claims, you really cannot see it at all on your skin and it leaves a nice smooth surface and illuminated look (not like a highlighter, I mean more glowy skin). It's also light coverage which I like, but I need a little more in certain areas (mainly around my nose and chin) to cover up my redness. If you have problem areas, I definitely recommend layering it. The biggest thing with any foundation for me is lasting power since I have oily skin, so we'll see how well it holds it up over today. As long as it holds my oil off for a decent amount of time I will definitely be repurchasing in the future!

Miss QQ

LiliV - Is the finish and texture similar to Armani's Maestro? Which shade did you buy?

We can see the shades here.

http://www.makeup4all.com/givenchy-teint-couture-long-wearing-fluid-foundation-and-long-wearing-compact-for-fall-2013/

LiliV

LiliV - Is the finish and texture similar to Armani's Maestro? Which shade did you buy? We can see the shades here. http://www.makeup4all.com/givenchy-...ation-and-long-wearing-compact-for-fall-2013/
I've never tried Maestro, so I'm not sure. It reminds me quite a bit of YSL Teint Resist which was my holy grail before it got discontinued. It's a very thin texture, with sheer coverage and blends in with your skin really easily without being visible. My skin looks realy nice with it on and I don't have any caking in spots or anything, it looks very "second skin". I got shade #2 Elegant Shell I think it matches me really well as I'm pretty pale (probably around NW 10/15 in Mac). The wear time is impressive too, I really don't feel like I'm an oil monster with this foundation which is a huge thing for me! Lol

Latest posts