Glitter Liners

refelctions

Any help on this one would be greatly appreciated!
I recently swapped for a glitter eyeliner. I picked it up today at the PO, opened it to look at it and do a quick swatch when I noticed that it isn't like my other glitter liners I had.
The brush came out of the tube weird, the glitter doesn't stick to the brush like my other ones, the bottle is slightly discolored (a yellow-ish color) and it has a funky smell. On the bottom indented in the label it says A94 (First batch, September, 2004 - right?). On one of my other ones it doesn't have a batch number and on the other one it does (A66).

Any help?
Thanks, Courtney

HOTasFCUK

What is the name of it?

Maybe it is starting to dry up or turn rancid if its from 2004? Do you have any pics?

refelctions

It's Post Punk.

And I'll try to find my camera and take pictures of it.
I think it's possible that it might be drying up, because compared to my other glitter liners, it's not as moist sounding when I swirl the brush around. But I'll try to find my camera and take some pictures.

MAC_Whore

Post Punk came out with the glitter liners in Oct '04, so the batch is reasonable. I have Post Punk, but cannot clearly read the batch as it is stamped in under the name. It almost looks like it could be the same as yours. Mine does not smell bad or have a yellow tint to the bottle. It sounds as if you got one that wasn't stored well and/or went rancid.

I have all of the glitter liners that MAC has ever made. Some have different consistencies and different releases have slight differences in the way the brush/bottle/formulas work.

Post Punk looks magenta.

refelctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
Post Punk came out with the glitter liners in Oct '04, so the batch is reasonable. I have Post Punk, but cannot clearly read the batch as it is stamped in under the name. It almost looks like it could be the same as yours. Mine does not smell bad or have a yellow tint to the bottle. It sounds as if you got one that wasn't stored well and/or went rancid.

I have all of the glitter liners that MAC has ever made. Some have different consistencies and different releases have slight differences in the way the brush/bottle/formulas work.

Post Punk looks magenta.

Mine smells quite noticeably different than my other two glitter liners. And the tube is yellowed, that was the first thing I noticed. It also looks purpley-red, more purple than red. When I take the brush out of the tube, it's more gooey-like than my other two (if that makes any sense).

Does anyone think it would be fair to ask for a swap reversal?

BlahWah

If the product is so different from how it's supposed to be, I'd say you should ask for a reversal, especially if you have other glitter liners you can compare to.

I'm really curious about the yellow tint tho. Would you mind posting a pic? If you have time. Cuz Post Punk is somewhere on my wishlist and I'd like to know what to look out for.

gigglegirl

Yes! Its totally fair to ask for a swap reversal, its not a good product, you shouldn't be dissatisfied! You just received it so do it.