Going for a 1 hour makeover @ the Nars counter @ Holt Renfrew in a week

ch33tah

ahhhhhh. must be the highlight of my morning when i got the phone call from my favourite MUA @ the Nars counter at the Holt's downtown here in Calgary. She said they are having one of the top Nars MUA's in town for two days to do one on one makeovers with select Nars clients.
cheerleader.gif

so I'm booked on Friday a week today at 11 am to go get made up and given first picks at some of their new products.
clap.gif
totally stoked. Believe it or not, i've never had a professional makeover before, so this will be a first. I will take my camera with me and post before, during and after photos.

i just had to share my happiness with you all, as most of my IRL buddies are guys and if i told them they'd be like huh? :confused:

noahlowryfan

thats cool. i'm going to my first ever makeup event for Laura Mercier counter Dec 1st. my appt is also at 11am. i have to miss class then but its all good. its only one class and since i'm a first time Laura Mericer user, this event is going to be useful to me.

resin

cool
i had an appointment with the nars counter here at the bay but i cancelled it because i didn't know if i had to pay or if it was complimentary

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by resin
cool
i had an appointment with the nars counter here at the bay but i cancelled it because i didn't know if i had to pay or if it was complimentary

I think that ir is "complimentary" but you're asked to buy at least a minimum amount of makeup after, I think like $50 worth or so?

NikkiHorror

Quote:
Originally Posted by resin
cool

The actual service of the makeup application is free, but the whole idea of the appointment is to introduce you to the line, and products that will do wonders for you. Each counter has a monetary goal and a item goal to reach for each makeover, (AUS and IPT), Smashbox's is high: $75/3. MAC's is $45/3. Either way, try to buy at least 3 or 4 things you fall in love with, or else we felt we wasted our time and energy telling you everything we know about makeup when we could be helping a rich lady who will come back every month to get stuff.

HTH
smiles.gif