Going to Toronto

MisStarrlight

My vacation is next week. My bf & are going to Toronto for like 3 days. Can anyone suggest any places they'd recommend that we must go to?

As of now, we're staying at some cheap hotel & getting City Passes so we can do the tourist things, but any specific neighborhoods/bars/resturants or anything else we should know about?

ginger9

Welcome to Toronto
smiles.gif

I am assuming you will stay downtown...so here's a list of things I recommend:

- CN Tower (I know it's a touristy thing but you gotta do it)
- Sky Dome (home of the Jays)
- Distillery District (old historic buildings that have been revamped into bars, restaurants, art galleries and shops)
- St. Lawrence Market (quaint little market to browse thru, you HAVE to get a peameal (Canadian) bacon sandwich while you are there
th_drool.gif
)
- King West, lots of trendy restaurants and bars
- Queen street - always full of people, lots of shops and things to see, the vibe is trendy and hip - laid back. ps - I think there's a MAC Pro store on Queen street...
- Richmond street (Club district)
- Harbourfront
- ROM (Royal Ontario Museum), Art Gallery
- Shopping - Queen Street, Eaton Center, Yonge & Bloor
- Entertainment district (if you're looking to catch some shows, althou I think nyc is much better for shows)

and tones more....
Check out this awesome website, it's got everything I mentioned and a lot more with info and directions. HTH and enjoy your time in Toronto!
cheerleader.gif
cheerleader.gif
cheerleader.gif

http://www.toronto.com

Kim.

I agree with ginger9

Plus there is a MAC store on Bloor and a pro store on 363 Queen Street West
smiles.gif

tinagrzela

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim.
I agree with ginger9

Plus there is a MAC store on Bloor and a pro store on 363 Queen Street West
smiles.gif

Yah!! The MAC store on Bloor is awsome!! I love the girls there...

*Luna*

LOL Ladies, she is going on vacation!!! I don't know that she wants to go to her work while on vacation. *giggle* I could be wrong though.
winks.gif

MisStarrlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Luna*
LOL Ladies, she is going on vacation!!! I don't know that she wants to go to her work while on vacation. *giggle* I could be wrong though.
winks.gif

Hehehe, although I am going to try really hard to stay away, I am sure I will end up at at least one MAC location while I'm there. I am going to try really hard not to buy anything though (isn't Canadian MAC more expensive anyway).

Any other suggestions?

prinzessin784

It's only a couple hours drive to Niagara Falls! I did it the reverse way a couple years ago, drove up to Niagara and then took a day trip to Toronto and it was an easy drive.

*Luna*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisStarrlight
Hehehe, although I am going to try really hard to stay away, I am sure I will end up at at least one MAC location while I'm there. I am going to try really hard not to buy anything though (isn't Canadian MAC more expensive anyway).

Any other suggestions?

Isn't EVERYTHING in Canada more expensive than in the US? I can't wait to hear about your trip though! We want PICTURES!
winks.gif

ginger9

With the current exchange rate 1.11 cad/us, yes it is more expensive to buy MAC in Canada (don't do it!) However there are certain things I think is cheaper in Canada than in NYC (used to visit the ex who lives there). For one food and drinks are cheaper!!!
smiles.gif
I think some shopping might be cheaper or comparable too...

Too bad you are only here for 3 days, otherwise prinzess's suggestion on Niagra Falls is a good trip to make, there are wineries by Niagra-on-the-lake area. You can also go up north for Cottage country - beautiful and very scenic.

Lastly Toronto is one of the world's most diverse cities in the world (you will notice as soon as you land) and you can sample all sorts of cultures and cusines, we've got Little Italy, Greek town, China town, great Indian restaurants, Korea Town and the list goes on!

Damn I'm getting excited myself just talkin about it
rofl.gif

MisStarrlight

Mmmmm, cheap food & drinks is definitely a good thing!
And I think we're going to stop by the falls on our way back-we have to drive that way anyway, even if we just stop by Ripley's (yes, I'm a dork like that)

Thanks for the suggestions & I will definitely post pics when we get back so be checking the Say Cheese section!