Gold Spill MSF.....

strawberry01

ok i never had a msf before so i thought i'd try it out.. but i tried a little bit on my hand at mac and loved it but now having bought it, it seems so similar to my silver dusk iridescent loose powder...hmmm so my question is will i see a difference with the msf?? should i maybe get a different msf and use it over the silver dusk? or just simply return it.

Twinkle_Twinkle

That is odd that you find Gold Spill to be similar to Silver Dusk. One should be beigey-gold and the other is silver... Regardless, if you don't think they are different enough to warrent having both, return the MSF. Anything you can do with a ILP you can do with a MSF, namely highlighting the cheeks, eyes, and body. MSF's often have color so they can also be used as a blush, but the Iridescent Powders dont have color payoff, only a shimmer. I personally didn't think MSF had a color payoff either. I love Silver Dusk, it was one of my first MAC purchases. HTH.

thenovice

I find it very slightly peachier than my NC20 skintone. And it takes alot of product and effort to get it to show up. Lets call it "Natural Glow" haha. But, i didn't get much payoff from it. It just makes me look sort of metallic-ish. Which sometimes is ok, but sometimes i look like gold lamae. If you find it doesn't work for you at all- and it doesn't give you a glow, or it doesn't hilight well for you- return it. There is no sense in keeping a product that you spend the money on if you aren't going to ever use it.

laurenmo88

weeeird my Goldspill is an awesome peach tone on my skin, i'm getting a lot of color payoff from mine, maybe because mine has mostly peach spots and less of the light beige veining? But i think you should take it back or sell it here if you're not enjoying it, and trade-up for Northern Lights MSF, that one has a LOT of pink color-pay-off in my opinion

amoona

I don't think it looks anything like Silver Dusk but I love both. Honestly I'd say not to return it because in a couple weeks when they're all sold out and on ebay for over $100 you'll be kicking yourself. If you really don't like it just hang onto it until they're all sold out and sell them online.

frocher

Gold Spill gives me a lot of color, it is a pretty strong shimmery peach on me. I am fair though.

lipshock

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
this is a dumb Question bt wat does MSF stand 4?? thanks!!

MSF stands for Mineralized SkinFinish.