Good mineral makeup besides bare minerals?

derialvish

i tried bare minerals i got the starter kit and the matte foundation and oil control primer and it worked like crap didnt look natural after like 30 minutes by face got super greasy becuase it didnt conrol oil at all and it didnt conceal ANY of my acne at all and the primer absolutely sucked because you couldnt put makeup on over it without it toally caking up so dont recomend bare minerals......ive been looking at other ones like nude by nature and stuff but all of it seems the same also dont recomend the mayballine ones they sucked even worse.....i have oil blemish prone skin and even though i take super good care of it its still really bad and i read how you can be doing all the right things but wearing the wrong makeup can just mess everything up so anyone know about mineral makeup thats good for your skin?

shellygrrl

Staff member
Or it really can be that you need a better skincare routine. And it sounds like your skincare routine isn't working if you say that it's still "super bad" even with care. What's your current skincare routine? Also: ALL makeup -- loose powder foundation, pressed powder foundation, liquid foundation, cream foundation, et al -- contains minerals. Personally, I am not a fan of loose powder/"mineral" foundation, because it doesn't do anything in terms of coverage. And I've read it's not as good for oily skin as some people think it is because it cakes up and everything else. I would recommend eschewing the idea of that and looking into a good liquid or cream foundation. And reassessing your skincare routine.