Got a fake pigment in the mail today

shatteredshards

Update:

In less than 24 hours, I got a notice from PayPal that this seller escalated the dispute to a claim - she would rather tell PayPal to tell me to send it back than even try to tell me I'm wrong (or talk to me at all, really). I guess she's learned from trying to argue with other buyers!

Vixxan

I reported her several times and filed PayPal claims against her months ago. I did get all of my money back but I'm just wondering what does a seller have to do to get kicked off of Ebay? It looks as if Ebay does nothing to them.

shatteredshards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixxan
...I'm just wondering what does a seller have to do to get kicked off of Ebay? It looks as if Ebay does nothing to them.

From what I've seen, things really have to be a mess for eBay to do something; usually I don't see anything happen until after the seller, or buyer, has jumped past the limits listed in eBay's TOS.

eBay's response to my listing violation report was a complete avoidance of the issue - I'm supposed to try talking to the seller and working it out (including pulling up their contact info and calling them long distance), or try leaving feedback.

Almost black.

I'm asking this because I'm really curious but - why do you keep buying MAC on ebay if you know there are plenty sellers who sell fake MAC? Escpecially now when there are some very, very good fakes (but still fakes) which are really hard to recognize by looking at the picture only?
th_dunno.gif

I know there are also different sites with fake MAC, which I avoid too, but ebay is the one that is most known by selling fake MAC. Why testing your luck if you know the chance of getting fake make from an ebay seller is most likely 95%?
th_dunno.gif

Ofcourse, it makes me really mad that they sell fake MAC anywhere.
ssad.gif
angry.gif

BellaItalia1969

From what I've seen, things really have to be a mess for eBay to do something; usually I don't see anything happen until after the seller, or buyer, has jumped past the limits listed in eBay's TOS.

eBay's response to my listing violation report was a complete avoidance of the issue - I'm supposed to try talking to the seller and working it out (including pulling up their contact info and calling them long distance), or try leaving
feedback.[/quote
Shatter,i don't know about you but i would not waste my money on calling the seller of the fake Mac,as you don't know how she/he will react to you ...will ebay pay for the phone call ...just a thought!

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatteredshards

eBay's response to my listing violation report was a complete avoidance of the issue - I'm supposed to try talking to the seller and working it out (including pulling up their contact info and calling them long distance), or try leaving feedback.

Lol Shatter,i hear you ( im not laughin at you ,just at the typical bull response from eBay!)when i complained about my seller of fake Mac mascara ,i was told the same thing !To
try to work it out,call your seller at home to discuss your issues!!?
angry.gif
angry.gif
angry.gif

Call them at home lol that was a big ebay joke,as the seller fo the fake Mac , emailed me via my private email address ,threatened me and called me vulgar names
ssad.gif
When i reported his behaviour ,ebay recommended that i report this abuse to his ISP!!!
Why would you want to put yourself trough this,why does ebay recommend that you waste more money by phoning these people who are at fault!Ebay is a pile of big pooh
th_LMAO.gif
who care about their profits.
I have actually kept his email in my saved email on AOL ,and will paste for you albeit stars will replace the swear words but im sure you will get the meaning...Seeing the seller was NARU'd 2 weeks later( I was not the only one who complained about him) i was scared that he may come and harrass me ,as they live within 30 min of my address
text-decoration:underline; font-weight:normal;} From: Ray Ebay <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 18:44

fu*k off you sad muppet c*nt, dont you ever try to tarnish my name on ebay

shatteredshards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almost black.
I'm asking this because I'm really curious but - why do you keep buying MAC on ebay if you know there are plenty sellers who sell fake MAC?

This was the first time I'd purchased MAC on ebay in about 3 years. At that time I had trusted sellers and nothing but good experiences. Alas, my sister really wanted a specific pigment for her birthday, and since the nearest pro store is a solid 7-8 hours away, I thought ebay would be the easiest way to get it. Had I known that the fakes had become this good and that they ran this rampant, I would have skipped it, believe me.

And Bella, that is a seriously horrible thing for anyone to really say. I'm glad that jerk got NARUd.

BellaItalia1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatteredshards
This was the first time I'd purchased MAC on ebay in about 3 years. At that time I had trusted sellers and nothing but good experiences. Alas, my sister really wanted a specific pigment for her birthday, and since the nearest pro store is a solid 7-8 hours away, I thought ebay would be the easiest way to get it. Had I known that the fakes had become this good and that they ran this rampant, I would have skipped it, believe me.

And Bella, that is a seriously horrible thing for anyone to really say. I'm glad that jerk got NARUd.

Shatter,some people feel that they are some sort of keyboard warriors and they have the right to intimidate you.
nonono.gif
What annoyed me more is that ebay,just did not give monkeys and their stupid advice to phone sellers is totally inadequate!

SmokeSignal16

Well at least you caught your fake early and can get your money back. I bought pigments 3 months before I discovered Specktra and it was one of those damn 50 pigment sets and I dropped like $300, I mean I did not even know there was such a thing as fake mac! So I have $300 worth of fake pigments sitting there and it just reminds me to just buy only from the retailer.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaItalia1969
Shatter,some people feel that they are some sort of keyboard warriors and they have the right to intimidate you.
nonono.gif
What annoyed me more is that ebay,just did not give monkeys and their stupid advice to phone sellers is totally inadequate!

Haha!! Love it!!

BellaItalia1969

Panda,thank you
winks.gif
english is not my 1st language but the swear word c**t,is one of the most hated by me in any language and i always think that this swear word is usually used by people of not very high intellect
greengrin.gif

Guys keep you fingers crossed,daughter has been made redundant but she has 2 interviews lined up so keep it x
Fank you xx

shatteredshards

*sigh* It's done.

I got my refund from PayPal. However:

1) Can't print a shipping label through PayPal unless you're a seller with a completed transaction to ship out, so

2) asking for a refund of the ship back cost was nogo

3) eBay no longer allows you to retract feedback, mutually cancelled transaction or not! I had to settle for leaving a follow-up comment, except in the one week since I left the feedback, it's already burried under 3 pages of positive feedback from other people!

4) she got the fake back today, but already put up two new listings for it in the last 24 hours, and both have bids!

5) eBay continues to make me feel like an idiot in their response emails. Have any of their employees worked in customer service before? I was a volunteer on a large blogging/social networking site's help team for 2 years, and while we had a general procedure to follow in how we answered requests, we would have been in trouble if we answered tickets like eBay's answering mine!

Ugh! I think I'm done with eBay for awhile again.