Greasepaint Help!

cetati

I purchased 2 Greasepaints yesterday and I have no idea how to get them to work. I tried the blue one today and it's just SO hard to blend. I tried applying it directly from the tube, smudged on with my fingers, I even used it as a liner and then smudged it out. I would LOVE to use this as an all over lid shadow base but I have no idea how to get it to go on evenly and smoothly. I searched the forums but didn't find any specific suggestions. Help! I don't want to return these! The colors are AMAZING.

Shadowy Lady

I'm pretty sure I answered this question a few times on here I don't know why it doesn't show up on search :/

Anyway, u need to work quickly with the GPS and one eye at the time. Draw a few quick thick lines on ones of your lids and then blend right away with the 217 (or something similar), then move to doing the same on the next eye. If you apply colour on both eyes and then try to blend it will be too late and u won't be able to move GPS.

This is how I use mine and the blending is a breeze for me and I don't experience any creasing throughout the day
smiles.gif

cetati

There are just so many posts that contain Greasepaint conversation it was really hard to narrow it down to what I was looking for so I apologize that you have to answer this yet again! Thanks so much though, I'll try that.

Simply Elegant

I use a blending brush and scrape some of the greasepaint off onto my brush and apply in quick strokes with another blending brush to blend and a colour somewhat similar but lighter or less pigmented over the very outer edges and blend that out too.

RandomnessWithK

i wondered the same thing.. i use the slick black as an eyeliner though because i have no idea what the heck to do with it to be honest LOL.

but i like it as an eyeliner (it's so black!) but i think it kinda flakes a bit - is that normal?

cetati

It flakes for me too. I went back to Bloomingdale's today to ask for advice and a lovely and helpful MUA there told me to do a thick line near the lash line, then blend it up in downward motions (to keep the color concentrated near the lashline--and whatever your brush picks up will go up as far as you bring it (wherever you "begin" to blend each brush stroke). She also told me to always warm it up on my hand first before I use it, and it helped a lot. My second try with it today went so much better and it's just lovely.

LMD84

i tend to cover half my lid and then blend up with a 217 brush into the crease. and i've never had flaking or difficulty blending. you do have to work quickly with these though or else it'll set!

spectrolite

I always warm them up by rubbing them in between my hands first to make them glide on easier. They seem to work better that way. Then I apply enough to cover my lids and blend with my fingers and sometimes a 217 brush around the edges. The heat from your fingers should make them easier to work with. And you read don't need a lot of product to use it as a base.

Momolovesmac

I agree that once the Greasepaint stick sets or dries on lids....its not possible to rework it without removing it using a remover.Its really lasting on lids. It makes mineralised eye colors pop too
yahoo.gif

kpenn

I just use a finger to blend mine! It's not very precise, but personally I find that GPSs are geared more towards smudgy, sexy looks than super precise ones anyway!