Guerlain Powder foundation compact - need an innovative idea!

Sushi_Flower

From testing it at the counter i have fallen in love with Guerlain Powder foundation in Beige Moyen (i'm an NC43 with yellow undertones so if anyone thinks this is the wrong shade for me please say so!) the only problem is that the packaging although glamourous is big, bulky and not very 'compact' for a compact foundation at all. This is really putting me off buying it asi think it is unecessary, they could've havled the size by putting the sponge underneath like Mac do or forget the sponge altogether. I was thinking of buying just the refill (you pay so much for the case if you buy the whole thing aswell) but then there is the problem of taking it around with me, i can't exactly carry around a loose square pan of foundation can i? And seen as it is annoyingly square i can't loosely keep it in an empty Mac compact either.
Anyone got any innovative ideas? I'm a 19 yr old student, i really don't want to carry around a massive overpakaged gold compact in my bag everyday!

Also any reviews/thoughts on the product are welcome aswell.

03529380702.jpg

jeanna

i don't have any ideas for an alternate way of carrying it if you don't want to buy the compact but i just wanted to say that i also hate guerlain's packaging! it's way too much... and not very durable either! i have a guerlain blush and it's in the same gold compact, and within weeks the hinge broke! so the top and bottom part are now 2 separate pieces. it sucks, because this is the most expensive blush i've ever bought - and none of my MAC has ever broken on me and you get twice the amount of product for half the price (for the blushes anyway)

Sushi_Flower

Yep it's way to much and you know you get charged for it rather than the product, Mac have perfect packaging, simple, durable, cheap, recyclable and looks good.

I've just been informed on MUA that maybe i could just carry it around in the clear plastic pack the refill comes in? I'm not too keen on that idea as the plastic wouldn't be durable and it's pretty expensive foundaiton.

And also that i could look for empty casings? What kind of shops sell casings that would be suitable? Someone said art store but would i be able to find something with a lid that acts anywhere near how a MU compact would?

litlaur

Stick a magnet on it and carry it in an Altoid tin? I have no idea how big that is, so my suggestion may not be any better.

Dreamergirl3

try doing a Google image search for Altoid...they're mints that are carried around in a little rectangular tin thing. Though I'm sure any square-ish type tin mint thing would work okay

Sushi_Flower

Oh i know what you mean i think. Would that be a good idea though storing MU in a tin made primarily for food storage? Also carrying an expensive foundation in a mint tin doesn't appeal to me, if it was plain then it might be ok. (sorry i know i sound fussy, the idea is cool though so thankyou
smiles.gif
) As long as it protects the foundation and looks reasonable i'm ok with it.

ETA - Have just googled and seen what you mean, the tin actually looks like a really good idea. I guess if i found something like that then i could just cover up the image on front with whatever i want. Thankyou!

If anyone has any other ideas then i'd still like to hear them.

Sushi_Flower

Bumpy again as i'm getting this soon and still have no solution apart from finding a tin (i'd prefer a glamourous one) or just keeping it in the plastic.

Latest posts