(HAA): Highlighter Addicts Anonymous

Medgal07

GREAT! now i'm going to go home and sniff CD lol

wait..u don't have Lancome Moonlight Rose?? you MUST get it!
girlhaha.gif
Honest to goodness...I was holding the compact in one hand and applying the powder with a brush in the other hand when I got a whiff of it. That's when I had to
actually smell it and it's definitely a citrus scent.

I'll have to look into Lancome Moonlight Rose. The name even sounds pretty.

Medgal07

I'm so glad everyone is loving Copper Diamond. I got it when it first released back in uhh 2007? but hoarded it bc I only had one. Now i'm stocked up and Bobbi Brown needs to make it perm! I was hoping to get one for my friend for Xmas but it's oos at Sephora and it's an online only product. BOOOOO she was obsessed with it when I wore it to a party...like literally stopped all conversation going on and asked what I put on my face LOL
I really do love it. For me it's right up there with the Estee Lauder Illuminating Powder Gelees, which are the best highlighting formulas ever.
The ELs even rival some of my Chanel highlighters.

DILLIGAF

I really do love it. For me it's right up there with the Estee Lauder Illuminating Powder Gelees, which are the best highlighting formulas ever.
The ELs even rival some of my Chanel highlighters.
Seriously if it wasnt for this thread I would have gone on ignoring Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks.

Medgal07

Seriously if it wasnt for this thread I would have gone on ignoring Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks.
Me too Dilli----was no where near my radar screen since BB isn't a brand from which I typically purchase. I'm finding It's fun exploring other brands.

laurennnxox

Hey ladies! Have any of you tried Cle De Peau's Luminizing Face Enhancer? I'm really tempted by some reviews (specifically for #11, Pastel) but I don't have a NM anywhere near me to try it out first. :(

Medgal07

Hey ladies! Have any of you tried Cle De Peau's Luminizing Face Enhancer? I'm really tempted by some reviews (specifically for #11, Pastel) but I don't have a NM anywhere near me to try it out first. :(
Sorry Lauren...I've only admired those from afar. Not sure why I never tried them.
th_dunno.gif

Are you anywhere near a Nordstrom?

laurennnxox

Sorry Lauren...I've only admired those from afar. Not sure why I never tried them.
th_dunno.gif

Are you anywhere near a Nordstrom?
Unfortunately not. I don't have a lot of nice department stores in my college town, the best we have is Dillards and they only carry BB, Chanel, Dior, and Estee Lauder. Luckily they are permanent so when I go home for thanksgiving I should be able to check them out. My mall back home has NM and Nordies! Oh, how I miss it.
girlhaha.gif
Also, Nordies online weirdly doesn't have #11. Which is frustrating to me because I'd rather shop Nordstrom than NM, because I had an awful shipping experience getting Sweet Star from Neiman.

Medgal07

Unfortunately not. I don't have a lot of nice department stores in my college town, the best we have is Dillards and they only carry BB, Chanel, Dior, and Estee Lauder. Luckily they are permanent so when I go home for thanksgiving I should be able to check them out. My mall back home has NM and Nordies! Oh, how I miss it.
girlhaha.gif
Also, Nordies online weirdly doesn't have #11. Which is frustrating to me because I'd rather shop Nordstrom than NM, because I had an awful shipping experience getting Sweet Star from Neiman.
Does # 11 have a corresponding name? When I saw them at Nordics they had Delicate Pink, Gold & Sand Beige.

Yazmin

This is for you @Mango13. A comparison between Bobbi Brown's Copper Diamond and Dior's Amber Diamond:

BB's Copper Diamond on top, Dior's Amber Diamond on bottom.
CD has more gold in it than AD. Both are smooth and NOT glittery, and both have > 7 hrs wear-time.
Thanks for the swatch comparison, Medgal. I can officially quit lemming CD now as I already have AD and it's the right amount of gold for me.

DILLIGAF

Someone was on YouTube comparing BB Bronze Glow to the MAC Extra Dimension Skinfinishes. I'm skeptical. I found it to be way chunkier than the EDSF. I would love to hear the opinions of those that have both the Bobbi Brown Bronze Glow and a MAC EDSF.

LavenderPearl

Someone was on YouTube comparing BB Bronze Glow to the MAC Extra Dimension Skinfinishes. I'm skeptical. I found it to be way chunkier than the EDSF. I would love to hear the opinions of those that have both the Bobbi Brown Bronze Glow and a MAC EDSF.
I don't own Bronze Glow, but just from swatching it in-store I can say your thoughts are correct. It's smoother than the EDSFs, but has way more prominent glitter than even the first rounds of EDSFs did. Also in the Bobbi Brown thread, a few people have posted about returning their Bronze/Pink Glows because of the glitter factor. HTH some
smiles.gif

Icecaramellatte

This highlighter junkie bought another 2 highlighters this weekend. Anyone heard of Dose of Colors? I just found out about this brand through Youtube or Instagram. I don't remember but I looked up on the store locator that it was available at Ricky's. I went there in search of a lipgloss and found it but was surprised to see highlighters. I don't know if they were really that different as I have so many but I just couldn't leave them in the store. They were kind of pricey too. I was expecting drugstore prices. NOT. $28 and change each. Yikes. I bought the peachy one and the bronzey one. I still kind of want the pink one. Oh what is an HA to do?

Oh and I was on my way to Sephora and was contemplating Becca Topaz powder. I had the liquid version years ago when it first came out but never used it. I didn't know much about highlighting then and I think I just put too much on. But after this purchase I skipped it.

Any experience with this brand?