(HAA): Highlighter Addicts Anonymous

Medgal07

I'm really itching to pick up a new highlighter. Something about that beautiful glow, I can't get enough of!
pretty.gif

If you ladies had to pick oooonly one from your collection, which would it be?
That's sooooo hard. Have you seen my collection? My first impulse was to say Estée Lauder's Illuminating Powder Gelee, Modern Mercury (Rose Gold) because I
think that formula rivals even my high end highlighters like Armani's Belladonna. I'm especially fond of Dior's Amber Diamond & Chanel's Camélia De Plumes
Highlighting Powder. You know Lauren I don't think I can do it.

icon_eek.gif
I love them ALLLLLLL

laurennnxox

[COLOR=0000FF]   That's sooooo hard.  Have you seen my collection?  My first impulse was to say Estée Lauder's Illuminating Powder Gelee, Modern Mercury (Rose Gold) because I[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   think that formula rivals even my[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]high end highlighters like Armani[/COLOR]'s [COLOR=0000FF]Belladonna.  I'm especially fond of Dior's Amber Diamond & Chanel's Camélia De Plumes[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   Highlighting Powder.  You know Lauren I don't think I can do it.[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   [/COLOR]:shock: [COLOR=0000FF] I love them ALLLLLLL[/COLOR]
I looove Chanel's highlighter! I'm so sad I've missed out an Amber Diamond. I'm a newbie when it comes to highlighters. Is the EL one perm? Maybe i'll check that out!

purplerinne

I'm really itching to pick up a new highlighter. Something about that beautiful glow, I can't get enough of! :pretty: If you ladies had to pick oooonly one from your collection, which would it be? 
413 Blkr illuminator!! I'm not too crazy about liquid highlighters but I use this everyday mixed with my foundation and it gives me a pregnancy glow without me being pregnant lol my 2nd favorite is Mac Global Glow....actually Bobbi Brown copper diamond is my 2nd but I didn't want to mention anything LE. it's still in stores though so u should try it out

laurennnxox

413 Blkr illuminator!! I'm not too crazy about liquid highlighters but I use this everyday mixed with my foundation and it gives me a pregnancy glow without me being pregnant lol my 2nd favorite is Mac Global Glow....actually Bobbi Brown copper diamond is my 2nd but I didn't want to mention anything LE. it's still in stores though so u should try it out
I shall google global glow! I have bobbi brown pink glow from the same collection and absolutely looove it. I can't remember if CD was too golden for me though. I shall have to swatch again! I think it's still in stock at my local bobbi brown counter.

Icecaramellatte

none of the ones she said are perm....
This is why I have trouble answering that question. None of my favorites are permanent. In fact, I'm not sure I own any permanent highlighters.
sigh.gif
th_confused_new.gif

Oh wait I thought of some permanent ones, Mac Global Glow, Becca Opal. The Becca one is fairly new to me so I can't say its a fave yet.

Icecaramellatte

oh I see @purplerinne had the same idea about the Global Glow. I've been hoarding mine for quite some time. I see it is time to start using it again now that it has been brought back. I am tempted to get the new one to see if there is a difference in the formula but I won't.

purplerinne

oh I see @purplerinne  had the same idea about the Global Glow.  I've been hoarding mine for quite some time.  I see it is time to start using it again now that it has been brought back.  I am tempted to get the new one to see if there is a difference in the formula but I won't. 
I hope there's no difference between the old and the new! i wasn't into highlighters when it was first released so I was glad when Mac made it perm

Medgal07

I looove Chanel's highlighter! I'm so sad I've missed out an Amber Diamond. I'm a newbie when it comes to highlighters. Is the EL one perm? Maybe i'll check that out!
No, they were all limited edition. You might be able to find Modern Mercury or Heat Wave at a CCO. The most recent one, Crystal Baby is pink and you might be able to
find it online at a dept store or EL online.

​ Through a dear friend, I was able to get backups of MM & HW from a CCO I think earlier this year.

Medgal07

I shall google global glow! I have bobbi brown pink glow from the same collection and absolutely looove it. I can't remember if CD was too golden for me though. I shall have to swatch again! I think it's still in stock at my local bobbi brown counter.
Seek and ye shall find. Just for you Lauren: http://www.amazon.com/MAC-Mineralize-Skinfinish-GLOBAL-GLOW/dp/B00JY60722

Medgal07

This is why I have trouble answering that question. None of my favorites are permanent. In fact, I'm not sure I own any permanent highlighters.
sigh.gif
th_confused_new.gif

Oh wait I thought of some permanent ones, Mac Global Glow, Becca Opal. The Becca one is fairly new to me so I can't say its a fave yet.
I can't think of any on my vast collection that are permanent other than the Becca ones. I would say Opal & Rose Gold are good. It's a good formula, nice pigmentation
and they buff to a soft glow on your facial high planes. I've recently ordered Topaz and I'm looking forward to getting it, and I hope it lives up to the hype. I tried
Champagne Gold and it's crap!!!

Medgal07

I'm not crazy about liquid highlighters either because they require a little more effort to make them work. They are ok if you have the time required to apply them. Like
you, I end up adding them to my foundation.

Medgal07

sigh.gif
th_confused_new.gif

Becca Opal could be a fav for me if I did't have other really GREAT highlighters. I think Becca Opal is a pretty good formula and can maybe give some of the MAC MSFs a run for their money!!!

Medgal07

O gosh...I just thought of a highlighter that might be permanent---the Charlotte Tilbury Film Star Bronze & Glow. It's dual product compact. I use the highlighter to glow
girlhaha.gif

and the "bronzer" to actually contour my face.

Medgal07

Champagne Gold is limited edition---and well it should be! It you happen to miss out on it---not to worry. I f you have polenta or cornmeal in your cupboard, you're good to go!!!

xfarrax

[COLOR=0000FF]O gosh...I just thought of a highlighter that might be permanent---the Charlotte Tilbury Film Star Bronze & Glow.  It's dual product compact.  I use the highlighter to glow:haha: [/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]and the "bronzer" to actually contour my face.[/COLOR]
I've been wearing the heck out of my tilbury bronze and glow. Literally an everyday staple bought the urban decay palette in streaked and haven't even paid that a second thought. Feel slightly guilty.

Medgal07

I've been wearing the heck out of my tilbury bronze and glow. Literally an everyday staple bought the urban decay palette in streaked and haven't even paid that a second thought. Feel slightly guilty.
I love the palette too. I use one or the other most days.