Handmade Brush Belt!!!

Miss Pumpkin

Here's what I've been doing today hehe, I did it with a fabric folder type thingy and a blue plastic-y apron.

It messed up a bit because I didn't calculate how much space the handles would take once inside the slots, but hey not bad for my first try, I can't wait to wear it for my shoot tomorrow!!

It has a big spacey department for other stuff too
graucho.gif

hpim1593by6.jpg

hpim1594hv4.jpg

hpim1595sh3.jpg

hpim1596xm2.jpg

silverblackened

Awesome! I've been meaning to make one, but couldn't think what to start with - I would never have thought of a paper folder! Now I'll have to hit the nearest stationery/craft stores to see if they have fabric ones.
smiles.gif

Wow, that's great! You could make a bunch in different fabrics and colors and sell them or something. Come to think of it, I should totally start sewing again, imagine making a brush roll in some really cool fabric (why something Pucci-ish comes to mind, I have no idea, LOL).

candied

that looks awesome! i've been thinking about making my own brush roll for the longest time.. now you might just have motivated me to do finally do it!

Miss Pumpkin

Thanks girls!!!

It took around 7 hours of work, not too bad... I think I should give it a go with some other fabrics, like some funky pink zebra or polka dots... maybe I can make some money!!!

thelilprincess

that's really cute!

i thought about making my own brush roll but not good at sewing. i knit, and this other board i frequent, the knitters also make their own rolls for knitting needles, so that's where i thought about making it for my makeup brushes, too. lol.

anyhow, Amy Butler makes cute fabrics (ans she designs patterns - i have one for a weekend bag....but um yeah, i only can sew straight lines)

again, that is a really cute pattern for a brush belt!!