Hard Candy!

Caderas

So, some of you might know Wal-Mart recently picked up the Hard Candy line a couple weeks ago now! Has anyone bought anything they can rave about or something that wasn't that great?

I got the bronzer in Tiki and the Plexi Gloss in Sweet Dream. Since I'm roughly an NC15, the bronzer is about even with my skin tone, if not a smidge darker. It does give a nice light sheen though. It'd look REALLY nice as a highlighter for anyone from about a NW/C30-35 & darker. The Plexi Gloss (in Sweet Dream) is tinted like a medium/light pink, but comes out on my lips as just a sheer tint gloss. My lips are pretty pigmented on most occasions, but it's a decent gloss. It has a candy smell to it, nothing bad. And the formula is also fairly sticky IMO.

user19

I got one of their pencil liners, the lime green one. I loved the color but it smudged a bit and was a bit cakey, in a damp sort of way. But I will definitely get the other colors. Actually in one of my classes I was talking with a couple people and I turned to face a boy I was talking to and he jumped when he saw my eyes. He thought they were glowing! I have blue eyes but the eyeliner brings out the green in them, and at the time I was wearing lime green shadow at the outer corner of my lid and yellow on the inner, so I was kind of acidy that day!

suzy24

I bought one of the bronzers in hula hula and so far i love it!! Im an nc30 and I think it looks just right and gives me a nice glow without looking crazy. I also purchased the concealer palette but havent used it yet. Then there is the radiant shadow stick in Pixie...hate it. I need to return it. It was sticky and it stained my lids lol!

beautiijunkii

I just saw it in my local walmart yesterday. I've put myself on restriction from buying makeup so I didn't get anything. I did see how the packaging has changed. They have some shadow sticks that look interesting, too.

sinergy

i did a quick look thru, the bronzers look ok and they have a cream shadow stick kind of thing, bold colors was curious if anyone tried them how they measure up..the lipsticks all look kind of lustre-y or real matte nothing that stood out tho, and the glosses looked eh. i kind of like the different packaging though

Vixxan

I purchased two bronzers, 4 eyeshadow sticks, 2 blushes and four baked eye shadows. Both of the blushes turned white on my NC50 skin. The eyeshadow stick creased with in 5 minutes of applying them even with a good primer. The eye shadows are really nice some are more pigmented than others but over all they are really nice. The bronzers are perfect. They do exactly what they are supposed to do. No glitter, no orange tint they actual give you a nice bronze look. Swatches The Glam Shack: Search results for hard candy

MizzTropical

I heard the primer is really good! And for like $8, what?! lol I will be surprised if it does work good for that price, but I'll be sooo happy. I need to go pick it up. It would be a fabulous little stocking stuffer for xmas!

Nicala

I've heard that the concealer palette is good. Unfortunately, we don't have HC at my Walmart :'(

nebbish

I've seen it & I've been tempted, but I don't know much about the line & I don't want to waste my money, you know.
I'm *very* interested in those lovely glittery liners.
& the lipsticks!!

Anyone tried those yet?

Nicala

Nope, my Walmart finally carries the line! I bought a bronzer and a blush. The blush looks eh on me. I absolutely LOVE the bronzer though. Good buy, reminds me a lot of UD's Baked bronzers.

MizzTropical

Walmart.com: Hard Candy Sheer Envy Cosmetic Primer: Beauty

Okay so here's the primer. I picked it up a few days ago and wow, it really is amazing for $8! My makeup went on soooo smooth and looked perfect after I applied a lil amount. I would def say it is lightweight. I have combo skin and it didn't make me shiney/oily at all. It has mica in it too so it adds that glowey look without actually looking like full on glitter allover ur face (if you know what I mean). I'm very happy with it so far and could totally see Sephora charging $30 for this product. It's def worth the $8 to test it out IMO.
smiles.gif

Nicala

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzTropical
Walmart.com: Hard Candy Sheer Envy Cosmetic Primer: Beauty

Okay so here's the primer. I picked it up a few days ago and wow, it really is amazing for $8! My makeup went on soooo smooth and looked perfect after I applied a lil amount. I would def say it is lightweight. I have combo skin and it didn't make me shiney/oily at all. It has mica in it too so it adds that glowey look without actually looking like full on glitter allover ur face (if you know what I mean). I'm very happy with it so far and could totally see Sephora charging $30 for this product. It's def worth the $8 to test it out IMO.
smiles.gif

I agree completely! I love it more than my smashbox primer! I have oily skin and it didn't make me feel greasy at all. You just have to let it soak in for a few minutes and you're good to go! Love it to death! <3

xsnowwhite

I love everything I've tried from the line so far. I love the blush, the lip plumper(shade: girl next door) is really pretty and doesplump, and the mascara is good too. I bought the cream glitter for fun and the silver one works really good.

Nicala

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsnowwhite
I love everything I've tried from the line so far. I love the blush, the lip plumper(shade: girl next door) is really pretty and doesplump, and the mascara is good too. I bought the cream glitter for fun and the silver one works really good.

Which mascara did you buy? I've heard mixed reviews on the mascaras from HC.

widdershins

I LOVE the concealer and the primer. Amazinggggg! The lipsticks are alright, but the concealer is the best concealer I've tried.

Nicala

Quote:
Originally Posted by widdershins
I LOVE the concealer and the primer. Amazinggggg! The lipsticks are alright, but the concealer is the best concealer I've tried.

I bought the concealer. I'm not loving it as much as I thought I would though.
th_dunno.gif

The color correctors are sort of sheer
ssad.gif

sinergy

is the primer clear? i bought the Avon Magik one and it is white so it leaves an ashy tint to my skin/makeup. we dont have it at our local wally world but maybe i can order it site to store..i want to pick up a few bronzers now after reading this thread..