Hard to blend e/s when using Paint...

Kels823

I use Mac Paint as a base (in Bamboom)... but it seems like it makes it SOOO much harder to blend my shadows....

Is it cuz its a shimmer? Do you think UDPP is better? Bare Canvas seems to be the paint of choice here as a base.. but its kinda light for my skin I think (NC45). Just looking for suggestions or remedies..

TIA!!
wavey.gif

Shawna

Are you waiting until the paint dries before applying your shadow? I made that mistake when I first started using paint or UD primer, and couldn't blend my e/s because it just stuck in blobs to the wetness. Now I apply my paint, and give it a few seconds to make sure it is dry before applying my shadow. It should make your shadow blend better.

user6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawna
Are you waiting until the paint dries before applying your shadow? I made that mistake when I first started using paint or UD primer, and couldn't blend my e/s because it just stuck in blobs to the wetness. Now I apply my paint, and give it a few seconds to make sure it is dry before applying my shadow. It should make your shadow blend better.

I totally agree, I had this problem as well, until I waited for it to dry!

Kels823

Hmmmm.. maybe I dont let it dry long enuf. Ill try waiting like 5 minutes to see if this helps. Thx so much!!!
greengrin.gif

aziajs

I actually use Bamboom all the time (I'm NC45 as well). It's my favorite paint. I haven't had any problems at all. You do have to let it dry completely but it shouldn't take long. I usually do one eye then the other and by the time I apply and blend the second eye the first is ready for shadow. Also, make sure you're not using too much. You only need a small amount to create a thin layer.

Kels823

Thx.. I think maybe thats what the prob is, Im using too much, too high up. (If that makes sense.) Ill try using less, letting it dry and only applying it to my lid area. Thx!!!

scrapbookromance

you can apply it all the way up to your brow if you choose to. or atleast go through your crease since thats where eyeshadow creases. give it maybe half a minute to dry, and take a clean blending brush and go back and forth like a windshieldwiper to blend out the paint - I find that helps too before applying shadow
smiles.gif
good luck

user79

Also, don't apply it too thickly, just a thin layer should suffice, and it will also help it to dry faster. I have Bamboon and haven't had any problem with blending.

Ithica

You really don't need alot (as I found out!) I think i was using too much at first, apply it in a thin layer i've also heard most people use their fingertips to spread it out evenly.

Also, when it dries and you get to know it then you really know when its dry... It will look alot finer/smoother. Wait until its dry otherwise You're blending dry into dampness/wetnessish so its not going to work as smoothly.HTH.

Kels823

Yah I think thats what my prob was: using too much.. I dunno why in my mind I had to apply a nice layer in order for it to work (duh, Kels). I was practicing last nite and used a tiny dot on my finger, let it dry and wa-la! It worked!!
greengrin.gif
Thx you guys!!!!!!

Lawd, where would I be w/o my Specktra grrrrrlllss......
eyelove.gif