HAS MAC and other makeup put you in debt?

EmbalmerBabe

I just paid my Macy's credit card bill it was 808.22.....every cent
was MAC. That was for about four months of purchases.
YIKES!
Has your spending on MAC or other makeup put you in debt?
This is about the third time I have owed over 500.00 on MAC.
I am getting better though, starting to skip collections completely.

slvrlips

My make-up obsession hasn't put me in debt yet but, I know all the new stuff coming out this summer will

noahlowryfan

no because i don't have a job so i have to be careful on how much i spent. but once i do have a job, i might go in debt but that will likely won't happen. i mean the debt part. i will never go in debt but i will have a spending limit on how much i can spend on MAC and other makeup brands.

little teaser

No, i dont have credit cards everything i buy is with cash. if i dont have the cash i just dont buy. im debt free other than car/house

Hilly

yipes!! i do spend way too much...
i work in non-profit too so you know im not rich!

IheartCosmetics

Yep, that's a good chunk of money! Oh well, you only live once! lol
rofl.gif

CoralBlast

Not yet! i put a limit on how much i spend on a collection,basic stuff i buy during sales and buying with cash is helpful.
thmbup.gif

The thing that worries me more is if i will ever use this stuff up in one lifetime and with more great stuff on the way i tend to forget about the ones i already have now. Too many products not enough space to put them nor face to use them.
lmao.gif

Eemaan

i used to at one point buy up every item in collections apart from the lip products, now i'll happily skip becuase my collection is getting ridiculously buigger than i'll ever need

ette

No, I am careful how I spend and only with cash. I have pro discounts as well so I guess I'm lucky.

*Stargazer*

Debt? Technically yes, I guess, because I use my CCs for everything (cash doesn't give any rewards or buyer protections) but I PIF each month, so I am not really in debt.

eighmii

Actually no. I only have one credit card and I'm really good about not using it. (Basically because I'm 18 and I have a 19% interest rate)

So I pay cash for everything. C-Shock might be worth it though.

Dizzy

Nope. I don't use cash, but I also don't buy anything on my CC unless I know I'll have the money to pay it when the bill comes in. The only reason I use my CC is because I get rewards.

Otherwise, I save up like hell for the new collections. Works pretty well so far.

Dark_Phoenix

Nope, my parents gave me a credit card with a monthly allowence on it. I'm usually able to spend ~100 USD on MAC per month.

lara

Nope. I only buy what I need and can afford for work. Beyond that make-up is a luxury, not a necessity - there's no reason to go into debt over it.

spectrolite

No way. Fear of debt is one reason why I don't have a credit card. I just spend what I actually have and try to stay out of trouble.

However, M.A.C has made me poor on occasion.
smiles.gif

Beauty Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrolite
No way. Fear of debt is one reason why I don't have a credit card. I just spend what I actually have and try to stay out of trouble.

However, M.A.C has made me poor on occasion.
smiles.gif

Debt is scary, but unless you have very different circumstances (like a friend who served in the Army claims he never has to worry about building credit, even though he's only 25; Shim, is that true?), it's worth while to build credit. You'll want to sign off on a bunch of things that almost always require loans: cars, house, etc. It's also nice to have the security in case something catastrophic happens and you don't have the flow up front.

Makeup hasn't technically put me in debt. My collection is small, though. However, the $40 or so I spend once in a blue moon could go towards my credit card bill or student loans, which are not insanely high but high enough I want to be rid of them.