Help choosing a mascara

elektra513

Yes, I have nothing to do today so I'm pining over the different types of mascara.

Here's a close up of my bare lashes:
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s...rapics0002.jpg

They're pretty long...but would you consider them "skinny"? Should I be looking for a thickening/volumizing mascara or just an all-in one that makes them "mine but better"? I'd like a d/s variety because I cannot quite justify chucking a $25 mascara every 3 months...

Almost forgot:
I currently use Maybelline Great Lash Blackest Black. I'd say it gets a 3 (out of 5) because sometimes it's not as buildable as it is advertised to be (read: evil clumps
th_remoteImage-61.gif
!)
Here's pic w/mascara:
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s...caralashes.jpg

TIA
greengrin.gif

Holly

I suggest CG Volume exact. Itll give your "skinny" lashes the volume you need, and it doesnt clump your lashes together

Hawkeye

You need a primer for your lashes (Shishiedo Or Lancome) and then get Yves St. Laurent Faux Cils and your lashes will look fake. It's expensive as hell but the good news is the payoff is worth it. I mean I' have the same problem and that mascara is the best I've ever used.

*shrugs* just a thought.

elektra513

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
You need a primer for your lashes (Shishiedo Or Lancome) and then get Yves St. Laurent Faux Cils and your lashes will look fake. It's expensive as hell but the good news is the payoff is worth it. I mean I' have the same problem and that mascara is the best I've ever used.

*shrugs* just a thought.

You buy YSL mascara every 3 months...or are you sneakily keeping it longer than that??
th_wink3.gif

Hawkeye

I sneakily keep it longer than that. The whole three months thing is seriously the biggest waste of time to me. I mean I respect those that really want to keep their eyes safe and protect them but I've used mine up to 4 or 5 months and it's been OK. And everytime it starts "drying out" (because it does have a tendency to do that) I just stick the tube under running hot water and voila it works.

greengrin.gif

*starts tiptoeing* I'm sneaky
greengrin.gif

freaksinunif0rm

I use up to three kinds of mascara on my lashes.

I don't like using primers (I have Lancome's and it does nothing for me), but to keep the curl in my lashes, I use Loreal's panoramic curl (waterproof, never tried the other one) mascara. Then a layer of Lancome's Fatale (or your favorite mascara), and usually a layer of Max Factor's Volume Couture/Lash perfection (makes everything look tidier XD).

Hope that helps a bit :].

elektra513

Thanks!
I have an eyelash curler, so curl isn't really an issue. I just look at my lashes when I use mascara and think, "Man! I'm missing something!" I wonder if it's just volume I need, like Holly said...

Hawkeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by elektra513
Thanks!
I have an eyelash curler, so curl isn't really an issue. I just look at my lashes when I use mascara and think, "Man! I'm missing something!" I wonder if it's just volume I need, like Holly said...

It probably is volume.
greengrin.gif

elektra513

Thanks, chickadees! Off to go read the mascara review threads
thmbup.gif
*thinks to self "Volume! They said Volume!"*

*Luna*

I swear by Lancome Difinicils and I add Cils Booster when I want to look like I'm wearing falsies with out the work. The closest d/s brand I have found is L'Oreal Lash Out... I was quite surprised by it and will always keep one in case for a back up.

elektra513

It IS Volume :)

I was in Target today, and decided to explore the voluminous mascaras...I took home Full n Soft, and I must say...big difference
greengrin.gif
Bye-bye Great Lash definitely, lol! I may keep searching for HG though, as I've got the junkie bug--what a nice adventure. I had no idea I'd been using such a lame mascara, haha.

Thanks!

Latest posts