Help for Hair That's Breaking Off.

nichollecaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikaru-chan
Thanks everyone for your suggestions, I'm gonna try the Jioco K-Pak but I'll have to get it online cause I don't know of a salon that sells it by were I live.

Bleach is the devil, it may achieve some beautiful shade's of blonde but it's not worth the damage it causes, lesson learned.

where online did you find it? I'd love to try some.

ritchieramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by clslvr6spd
Redken Extreme treatments are awesome.

I haven't had too much luck with Redken Extreme so perhaps it's not so good on all hair types. I have thick, dry, curly hair which is bleached, coloured and straightened (not chemically). In the past I've used K-Pak (results were so-so) and L'Anza CP Anti-Aging (pretty good at first then less noticeable results) so I was ready for a change.

I got the Extreme Shampoo, Rescue Force conditioner, Anti-Snap and the Iron Repair. Perhaps I went overboard before knowing if it would work for me! The Rescue Force felt good on my wet hair and as if it was really smoothing it out, but when I tried to dry it, I could barely move it! It's difficult to describe, but it had an odd texture and couldn't be separated without a few blobs of Anti-Snap smoothed through it. Even then, it still felt peculiar and as if it would have no shine.

I wish I'd read the directions for the Iron Repair more thoroughly before I bought it as I didn't realise it wasn't a spray - it's quite thick and you run it through your hair before heat styling. It seemed like using it and the Anti-Snap would be asking for crunchy hair, so I only put a tiny bit on.

As I suspected, my hair was quite dry and frizzy-looking when dried and styled and after a few uses of the shampoo, I've realised it's also taking a lot of colour out each time. Oh well, back to the drawing board!

AliVix1

omg when i bleached my hair 3 summers ago my hair kept breaking and it would like never ever dry bc my hair like wouldnt let go of the water.. good luck! i remember the hell i was in!
ssad.gif

doll.face

With your situation, I think your best bet would be to cut it as I see you have already done. I've done bleach in the past and it's just TOO much breakage.

My hair is currently back to normal but as most people, I still have breakage and white tips but it's unavoidable if you style your hair. Think about all the lovely ladies who use heat products, it's something you can't help.

Until it gets to the really awful point where you know it's too much, don't worry so much. Take good care of your hair and just pay attention to it.

Also remember that the hair at the bottom is the oldest hair you have (this is especially important for gals with long hair) so it's normal that it's not at it's healthiest stage.