Help me help my sister!

natalie75

My nephew is getting married on June 30th at 230p. My sister has asked me to do her makeup.

She uses Chanel Vitilamure religously, but owns ONE eyeshadow, Soft Brown MAC. She uses her blush (ds?) as eyeshadow sometimes too
hmm.gif
She is beautiful......... and I want her to be comfortable and enjoy the day. She has a 14 yr old daughter to get ready, hair at 8am, picture at 11am..........she's worried there will be no time for her to get ready. I told her I would bring my traincase over and we'd do a run through.

She is wearing a navy shimmery formal dress w/shawl. Her hair is natural, short (flipped) red and her eyes are a beautiful light blue and lots of freckles
cheerleader.gif

I was thinking ............... Soft Brown, Amber lights, Cork......... or Silver Ring combo or Satin Taupe, Haux...........

Thank you all in advance!! As you all do, I love MAC and Specktra
clap.gif

natalie75

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdirenzo
I bet golden colors (tan or melon piggies) would make her eyecolor pop!

What would you use with Melon? Soft Brown or Cork?

capspock

I would use Melon on lids, Soft Brown on outer V, Motif in the inner corner of her eyes and also under the lash line for and extra oomph.

natalie75

Quote:
Originally Posted by capspock
I would use Melon on lids, Soft Brown on outer V, Motif in the inner corner of her eyes and also under the lash line for and extra oomph.

Thank you again, I've ordered some Melon pigment and running to MAC for Motif. 90 e/s's and I don't have either:confused:
clap.gif
one more reason to get more.

capspock

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie75
Thank you again, I've ordered some Melon pigment and running to MAC for Motif. 90 e/s's and I don't have either:confused:
clap.gif
one more reason to get more.

You are welcome!
winks.gif

natalie75

Oh nooooooooooooooo..................... I thought I had this all figured out (thanks to your help), and now my sister tells me she thinks she would like to do greys and silvers................ I have no idea what to do. :confused:

PS
She said she wants nothing under her eye and her eyes are small.

capspock

Quote:
Oh nooooooooooooooo..................... I thought I had this all figured out (thanks to your help), and now my sister tells me she thinks she would like to do greys and silvers................ I have no idea what to do. :confused:

PS
She said she wants nothing under her eye and her eyes are small.

That's a shame because with blue eyes and red hair, silvers and greys will look pretty boring on her. Peachy shades would do a lot more for her type. I would try to talk her out of that idea.

Anyway, do you have this matte shade called Behold? It is a grey/taupey shade I like very much (but it has been discontinued). You could use that on the crease, and some silver e/s on lids like Filament (I think Electra would be too heavy and metallic and if I get it right your sis is on the conservative, discrete side). Hope that helps...
winks.gif

Amaranth

Quote:
She uses her blush (ds?) as eyeshadow sometimes too
hmm.gif

You may want to let her know that using blush in the eye area is often a bad idea...the pigments used in blushes are often not eye safe, as they're not designed to be used as an eyeshadow. Good luck with the make-up!

Twinkle_Twinkle

I like the idea of the cooler palette, the silver ring, or satin taupe paired with a soft pink and a charcoal color for depth. I think cooler colors would compliment the dark blue of her dresses and her red hair and blue eyes. Good luck.

payco

I think the tans make the corner of ehr eyes look more wrinkled, but the sliver/grey/blues give her a tigher more open look.
love ya lots aunt natalie!

payco

oh and aunt natalie... i heard that Twinks makes blue eyes pop.
maybe you should try that on mom. and some one said expensive pink would look nic on her. i agree (cuz i have that too) and on the blue eye.... use a little bit of purple maybe.

natalie75

We did a run through on my sisters makeup for the wedding last night. As you can read from my neices posts, the silvers did look very nice. A couple of questions.

Print, Scene and even Silver ring were all just all little too dark for her. She has small eyes and I just couldn't get the definition with this combo. I used Grey Utilitity and either Scene or Print over the e/l and she really liked it. But she has small eyes and anything dark pull her eye down. Also, she has a lot of pink around her eyes and doesn't want anything under her eye. I used Omega to neutralize the pink and it worked well. Any suggestions in the Grey/silver family? Or anything to mask the pink eyes? THANK YOU