help needed regarding MAC Cosmetics batch codes.

hyperholic

Hi friends!
I know how to read mac cosmetics batch code. I need to learn that how come are these batch codes helpful in checking if the product is authentic??

for reference: AB2 reads First Run in November 2012

how can i use First Run in November 2012 thing to check the authenticity of that product?

If anyone could check from the pic if it is authentic or not?

thank you!

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
I don't think you can check the authenticity of a product with a batch code. I received a fake MAC from BTR before, and when I compared it to my authentic MAC of the same shade, they have the same batch code, but there were other identifiers that confirmed the one I received from BTR was fake (color, scent, packaging, font, etc.).

P.S. I moved this thread to the Counterfeit MAC forum.
peace2.gif

hyperholic

Thankyou jennifae! I am looking forward to reply from there too. But can u suggest if it is fake or not looking at the pic above? Because it is the image provided by seller and I am willing to buy it. The seller says it is genuine but what puts me off over it is I read on many places that if the batch code is too obvious and u can see it without any difficulty(in photos or in real life), then it is fake.

And in the pic above it is very clear and can be seen easily.
So if you have some piece of advice about should I buy it or I shouldn't?

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
Ah, I see what you mean. Not sure about the batch code. I will have to check my MAC products when I get home, but just by looking at that photo, it looks fake (at least to me) because "SPF 35" was printed twice. Also (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) the words "Broad Spectrum" is not printed on the label of an authentic MAC Studio Finish Concealer. I personally would not buy it. I hope that helps.

hyperholic

Oh yeah! I did not notice this one!!! Yes broad spectrum is one thing that I have not seen on ANY of the blog review images online. Also spf 35 is written twice and I also have noticed that on different images of this same concealer from different blogs or people, the writing on the back of the concealer pot is different!! Some of them have ingredients list soe only have the name of product.

And I guess if we are to guess the expiry date of this product from the batch code, then it says 2011-12. Does that mean it is expired???
I think I should go with ur opinion that I shouldn't buy it!!! But I am still looking forward to ur reply when u get back to home and check ur mac products.

THANKS A LOT FOR HELPING ME!!!
girlhaha.gif

hyperholic

And also Please confirm if you buy mac from their website, mac pro or mac specified stores??? If yes then is there ingredient list on the back of the pot???? I have also seen the words "
SFP along with SPF written on the back of the pot in some photos online.

I think this thread will clear out many confusions!
type.gif

Jennifae

Specktra Bestie
And also Please confirm if you buy mac from their website, mac pro or mac specified stores??? If yes then is there ingredient list on the back of the pot???? I have also seen the words " SFP along with SPF written on the back of the pot in some photos online. I think this thread will clear out many confusions! :type:
Sorry, I didn't get to check my stash last night, but I have a few products in my makeup bag, and the ingredient list is not on the back. (I don't have the Studio Fix Concealer though.) I usually buy from MAC online and Nordstrom. Sometimes, I buy from Macy's and CCO too.

hyperholic

Thank you for sharing. I guess mac does not sell through stores. Mac counters only! But I am not buying it now! :)
But I request u to share about the studio finish you own if you have time,because it might be helpful for someone else too!

From where you bought it and may be a photo or two!

shellygrrl

Staff member
And also Please confirm if you buy mac from their website, mac pro or mac specified stores??? If yes then is there ingredient list on the back of the pot???? I have also seen the words " SFP along with SPF written on the back of the pot in some photos online. I think this thread will clear out many confusions! :type:
MAC never lists ingredients on the actual packaging. Only on the product boxes they come in.

hyperholic

Thank you Shellygrrl! Is there an "SFP" kind of thing on new or old packaging of mac studio finish spf 35 concealer? And what exactly can be written on the back of the pot containing concealer?

Latest posts