Help! What should a makeup portfolio look like?

kiwicleopatra

I'm going to start one and was wondering what format etc..
Before and after pics?
do you have to list what makeup you used?
and so on?

Thanks!

aeni

Images should be 8x10 or 9x12. Any other images can be smaller, just as long as they're all on one page. Get a nice portfolio with sleeves in it already. Dont hand cut photos, use a paper cutter. And don't use colored paper behind the photos, that tends to look bad.

Typically you dont need to list materials you used on there. Keep that in a personal binder for yourself.

Demosthenes

I just started mine, but I'm using a report holder to keep the pages together for now. When it's "done" I'll probably get it professionally bound and duplicated at a Kinko's or something. I've gotten the photos printed on glossy 8x10's which is on the right side of the portfolio, and on the left side is the title of the look, a small face chart with breakdowns of the look, and a little information about the inspiration behind it, the model, etc. It looks kind of like a magazine type layout, but it takes a lot of work on photoshop to do that.

(which is why I'm taking so freaking long on it...)

mrskloo

Demosthenes: I would love to see a sample of your layout.
smiles.gif

Demosthenes

No problem.
smiles.gif
I'm still working on most of them (LOL, it takes a really long time for me) but when they are all complete I'll email them to you as .jpegs (the .pdf files would be too big, I think). Just pm me with your regular email account, ok?

China-Lilly

I think 9 x 12 inch is standard. If you get an 8 x 10 book, it will be too small to fit magazine tear sheets into - which means it will be hard to showcase your published work.

Latest posts