Help with foundation! (MUFE HD?)

Vixxen

Hey girls, I've been searching high and low for the foundation for me with zero luck. First of all, I'm an NC15 and I had been using Studio Tech for a while, then Studio Sculpt, MAC face and body, studio fix, and now I'm using MUFE face and body. NONE of them worked out for me. I have combination skin but it's really picky with foundations. I'm using MUFE face and body and I'm pretty sure I'm breaking out from it, once I'm done with this bottle I need something different. I need something with buildable coverage but that isn't necessarily heavy, my skin is far from perfect but I don't want something really thick and heavy that will break me out. I need advice from some of you girls that have the same problem as me, it's a nightmare trying to find the foundation that will work when it seems like a useless search
angry.gif

SO if anyone could help I'd be SO grateful. I've been looking at MUFE HD, does anyone have comments about this foundation. Do you girls think I should get something oil free? What on earth is my skin's problem
shockt.gif

alka1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixxen
Hey girls, I've been searching high and low for the foundation for me with zero luck. First of all, I'm an NC15 and I had been using Studio Tech for a while, then Studio Sculpt, MAC face and body, studio fix, and now I'm using MUFE face and body. NONE of them worked out for me. I have combination skin but it's really picky with foundations. I'm using MUFE face and body and I'm pretty sure I'm breaking out from it, once I'm done with this bottle I need something different. I need something with buildable coverage but that isn't necessarily heavy, my skin is far from perfect but I don't want something really thick and heavy that will break me out. I need advice from some of you girls that have the same problem as me, it's a nightmare trying to find the foundation that will work when it seems like a useless search
angry.gif

SO if anyone could help I'd be SO grateful. I've been looking at MUFE HD, does anyone have comments about this foundation. Do you girls think I should get something oil free? What on earth is my skin's problem
shockt.gif

I have acne-prone skin and I haven't noticed any negative reactions after using MUFE HD. The foundation is supposed to be oil-free, at least that's what the box says. I'd say this give medium coverage but it is buildable - I do use a concealer with this though (I like wearing a sheer layer of foundation just to even out the skin.)

the formula doesn't feel that heavy.. it blends nicely into the skin. the finish is more of a satin-matte finish, looks really natural.

Vixxen

Thanks so much! Is the foundation watery like the face & body or is it thicker? Oh and have you tried Mat Velvet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alka1
I have acne-prone skin and I haven't noticed any negative reactions after using MUFE HD. The foundation is supposed to be oil-free, at least that's what the box says. I'd say this give medium coverage but it is buildable - I do use a concealer with this though (I like wearing a sheer layer of foundation just to even out the skin.)

the formula doesn't feel that heavy.. it blends nicely into the skin. the finish is more of a satin-matte finish, looks really natural.

alka1

Quote:
Thanks so much! Is the foundation watery like the face & body or is it thicker? Oh and have you tried Mat Velvet?

I haven't used the face+body one but I do know that the HD is not watery. It isn't very thick either, but I wouldn't call it watery.

haven't tried mat velvet yet but I might in the future. i'm satisfied with the results i'm getting from the HD
smiles.gif
plus I have two full bottles right now (i mix two shades to match my skin) so i'm pretty sure I will be using this for a long while

blindpassion

Coming from someone who has serious issues with foundations breaking me out (All MAC foundations, BE, and a bunch of others) I really appreciated finding MUFE Foundations. Ive been a huge advocate of the HD foundation, I think its great for almost all skin types, and it gives such a great finish. I always call it my "second skin" foundation, because it looks like skin, except way nicer.

Id definitely give it a try if I were you.
I use Mat Velvet from MUFE also, which I love.

Both are fabulous. I don't find either of them to feel heavy or gross on my skin.

alka1

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
Coming from someone who has serious issues with foundations breaking me out (All MAC foundations, BE, and a bunch of others) I really appreciated finding MUFE Foundations. Ive been a huge advocate of the HD foundation, I think its great for almost all skin types, and it gives such a great finish. I always call it my "second skin" foundation, because it looks like skin, except way nicer.

Id definitely give it a try if I were you.
I use Mat Velvet from MUFE also, which I love.

Both are fabulous. I don't find either of them to feel heavy or gross on my skin.

I agree, the MUFE HD foundation has never felt heavy on my skin. a MUFE artist said on HSN once that this foundation has tiny light-reflecting mineral particles in it.. but what's special about them is that instead of merely reflecting the light they absorb it and distribute over the skin like tiny mirrors. it' supposed to help give an even finish and blur imperfections. I just thought that was pretty cool
smiles.gif

blindpassion

Quote:
thanks so much you guys, do you think should I go with HD or Mat Velvet?

I say try the HD, if you don't love it, try the Velvet. But I almost guarantee you will love it.

jdechant

Quote:

I say go with the HD. Its a few more dollars but will probably provide you with a more natural looking finish (instead of a matte finish) I also have problems with MAC foundations (small blemishes) but I think I am going to go get matched up tomorrow with the HD foundation...hope its all i was wishing for..lol

ForgetRegret

Quote:

I'd go with the HD also...I've got super oily skin (and acne prone, to boot), and this stuff feels and looks great on the skin. Between the HD foundation and HD powder, I actually feel like I've got decent looking skin when I go out...without feeling like I'm wearing a pancake on my face.
greengrin.gif