Help with sweet sienna!

Whitney6195

nope, no alcohol based anything, or perfume!

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
I remember that thread, and I had difficulty with it myself. I thought you said it didnt stain you blue Jasmin? It stained your skin grey-ish (which can be normal for this pigment) and only your brush blue? The brush you had cleansed IIRC and the blue on the brush may have been exposure to residue from the cleanser - that was the conclusion I drew from your posts anyway,please correct me if I am wrong. I never said staining SKIN blue was consistent with authenticity and I'm pretty sure MAC wouldn't sell a pigment this colour that stained blue after simply swatching it.... they test rigorously and I dont think that would pass quality control tests.

Whitney are you using an alcohol based skin toner or cleanser by any chance? Or had perfume on your hands/skin? This pigment - exposed to alcohol based products - does leech a blue dye (so do several others actually, Quietly, Kelly Green etc). But under normal use shouldn't stain at all. The jar looks authentic, but this colour was mass faked, and in jars that DIDN'T have the base insignia that we all look for as a first indicator of being a fake (there are many like this actually). Your Ladyship was mass faked in a similar jar - it *looks* real enough, but it actually isn't.

Whitney6195

I've also applied it with water to dampen my brush, as well as fix+. It still turns blue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiemacluvrrr
Whitney, I noticed that you said this only happens when you apply it wet, and that when you want to apply it wet you use Visine to dampen your brush... Isnt that an eye drop?? Could it be that the ingredients in the eye drops are reacting with the pigment. Have you tried using something else apart from Visine to dampen your brush??

jazm1n3s

Quote:
I remember that thread, and I had difficulty with it myself. I thought you said it didnt stain you blue Jasmin? It stained your skin grey-ish (which can be normal for this pigment) and only your brush blue? The brush you had cleansed IIRC and the blue on the brush may have been exposure to residue from the cleanser - that was the conclusion I drew from your posts anyway,please correct me if I am wrong. I never said staining SKIN blue was consistent with authenticity and I'm pretty sure MAC wouldn't sell a pigment this colour that stained blue after simply swatching it.... they test rigorously and I dont think that would pass quality control tests.

Yes I'm sorry, i should've been clearer. My brush was stained blue, and my lids were stained grey (although it may also be the lighting
th_dunno.gif
)
I'm very sure that the blue stain on my brush was not because it was exposed to alcohol, though. The reason is that i used it again a week ago and washed it with cleansing oil right after i used it (because i thought if i leave it too long unwashed, it would stain it again), but then the stain became deeper, blue-er. I don't know... this still confuses me tbh.
ssad.gif

MissResha

ok, i have NW43 skin, and i've never actually foiled this pigment until now.

you got me curious.

my pigment is authentic, straight from a CCO, same batch code as yours.

i swatched it with water and fix plus.

it didn't stain w/ water

but it stained w/ fix plus

how weird! its a slight blue tint on my arm now.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitney6195
I've also applied it with water to dampen my brush, as well as fix+. It still turns blue.

Even with water? I'd definitely be questioning its authenticity if that's the case
ssad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazm1n3s
Yes I'm sorry, i should've been clearer. My brush was stained blue, and my lids were stained grey (although it may also be the lighting
th_dunno.gif
)
I'm very sure that the blue stain on my brush was not because it was exposed to alcohol, though. The reason is that i used it again a week ago and washed it with cleansing oil right after i used it (because i thought if i leave it too long unwashed, it would stain it again), but then the stain became deeper, blue-er. I don't know... this still confuses me tbh.
ssad.gif

I dunno, yours looks authentic, but the staining just isn't right
ssad.gif
I do know that there were fakes in this colour in jars that were replicated just like authentic jars, and also fakes in this colour there really were in real jars - the content was not authentic however and it was later learned that real jars had been purchased for resale of counterfeit pigment powder.

I'm pretty sure that if they stain just with water that they are probably counterfeit.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissResha
ok, i have NW43 skin, and i've never actually foiled this pigment until now.

you got me curious.

my pigment is authentic, straight from a CCO, same batch code as yours.

i swatched it with water and fix plus.

it didn't stain w/ water

but it stained w/ fix plus

how weird! its a slight blue tint on my arm now.

Yep, thats what I mean! Certain products, usually those with alcohol Do cause the blue dye in this pigment to leech. But water shouldn't!

MissResha

yup, that makes total sense. the only color from the pigment thats staining is the blue...which in my science'y head makes absolute sense. there's a lot of blue in NYX's black eyeshadow, because it totally stained my 219 blue *smh* lol.

jazm1n3s

Quote:
I dunno, yours looks authentic, but the staining just isn't right
ssad.gif
I do know that there were fakes in this colour in jars that were replicated just like authentic jars, and also fakes in this colour there really were in real jars - the content was not authentic however and it was later learned that real jars had been purchased for resale of counterfeit pigment powder.

I'm pretty sure that if they stain just with water that they are probably counterfeit.

I never actually used water. I used fix+ or eye drop. It's confusing how the same pigment acts differently towards different skins and even brushes.

Care

Quote:
The jar looks authentic, but this colour was mass faked, and in jars that DIDN'T have the base insignia that we all look for as a first indicator of being a fake (there are many like this actually). Your Ladyship was mass faked in a similar jar - it *looks* real enough, but it actually isn't.

I agree, I recently bought a very very real looking Your Ladyship recently. The only things that set me off (apart from failing a swatch test) was that there were no lines in the plastic jar when I held it up to the light, and the ingredients on the box were wrong. These counterfeiters are getting TOO good.

fallenang3l211

hi. i bought this pigment from a cco and sold it to you. if you weren't sure if it was fake or not you could have just asked and i would have taken a picture of the receipt to show you proof of purchase. i would never sell fakes, that's just insulting.

panda0410

^^I don't think she was trying to insult you, just asking a question which everyone has the right to do here in forum. Whether she bought it from you or not does not exclude her from asking here for an opinion, though it would have been courteous to ask you for proof in addition to general questions. Was the item a CP item?

I still doubt that water would cause the pigment to leech blue - simply because everything we sweat is essentially water based and any perspiration at all would cause blue dye to leech if this were the case - ergo everyone who used this pigment would see blue residue or staining after use and that just isn't the case.

fallenang3l211

i'm not saying she doesn't have the right to ask..but it would have been nice if she had asked me before asking everyone else. i could have cleared it up without the assumptions my item was fake. no, it was not a cp item. it was a backup from my personal collection that i had and decided i didn't need.

marusia

In all fairness, some of my pigments I have to scrub really hard to get off with just water...Push the Edge mainly, but there are other golds I have a hard time with. Those are with knowing they are authentic. I'm pretty sure it's because I'm so pale.
smiles.gif

Cinci

I have Landscape green pigment.. and it has stained my skin for a day or so.. It even stained a cloth that I used to wipe up some that spilled.. The cloth has been washed and the green is still there...

panda0410

We aren't talking about just staining ladies which happens with lots of pigments - and I know this because I've had almost all of them at some point. This particular pigment leeches a BRIGHT BLUE dye when exposed to certain chemicals and water is not one of them in my experience. I pressed this pigment so many times, alcohol definitely causes it to leech, and never have I had water cause the same reaction - and I have foiled this pigment many many times from several different jars.

I'm not saying the item is not authentic, but I would be super surprised if MAC released a pigment that was supposed to be one colour that turned BLUE with **water** since these pigments are foiled in professional use all the time, and because we SWEAT water - everyone would be walking around with blue eyes - Is this pigment not meant for uses on eyes? can you all see the problem with that?? Sorry, but that shit just wouldn't fly!

fallenang3l211

Quote:
We aren't talking about just staining ladies which happens with lots of pigments - and I know this because I've had almost all of them at some point. This particular pigment leeches a BRIGHT BLUE dye when exposed to certain chemicals and water is not one of them in my experience. I pressed this pigment so many times, alcohol definitely causes it to leech, and never have I had water cause the same reaction - and I have foiled this pigment many many times from several different jars.

I'm not saying the item is not authentic, but I would be super surprised if MAC released a pigment that was supposed to be one colour that turned BLUE with **water** since these pigments are foiled in professional use all the time, and because we SWEAT water - everyone would be walking around with blue eyes - Is this pigment not meant for uses on eyes? can you all see the problem with that?? Sorry, but that shit just wouldn't fly!

yeahhh when i pressed sweet sienna, it pulled a LOT of blue and kind of changed the color of my pigment in the pan. i pressed it with 91% alcohol. i use udpp or painterly as a base and never had any issues with staining...but pressing the pigment did change the color forsure.

Whitney6195

Ok, just to clear this up.

I was in no way trying to insult you, seriously. I was more or less just asking others with sweet sienna if they had the same problem, or if it was only me. I definitely think you would not knowingly sell a fake pigment, but after I was telling someone about it they then asked "Are you sure its real?" Which made me question its authenticity. I was not sure if you purchased it from a mac store, a cco, or somebody from specktra. No need to come in here and act like I was trying to insult you, because I was not. Actually, I did not even think to ask you for a receipt from when you had bought it. Even if I had thought of that, I don't keep reciepts from awhile back and I had no idea how long you'd even had this pigment sitting in your stash.
The pigment leeches this blue dye EVERY time I use it wet, wether its water, fix+, or visine. When its used dry over a shadestick, I've got no problem. Like the other poster said, its just crazy that they would sell a product that leaves that ugly blue dye, and it was still there after THREE handwashes that day.

lilibat

People also have variations in body chemistry. For instance I am unusually acidic and have been since I first tested it as a class experiment in highschool biology. I haven't tested this pigment myself, even though I own it, but I have noticed other products act oddly on me because of my chemistry. I will test mine when I get back from my trip, it came froma CCO so I know it's good and see, as I am now curious.