Here is My Suspected Offender (Image Heavy)

Rita Baumann

Specktra_Pigments_Comparison0001.jpg

Specktra_Pigments_Comparison0002.jpg

Specktra_Pigments_Comparison0003.jpg

Specktra_Pigments_Comparison0004.jpg

Specktra_Pigments_Comparison0005.jpg

Specktra_Pigments_Comparison0007.jpg

Specktra_Pigments_Comparison0008.jpg

Specktra_Pigments_Comparison0009.jpg

Specktra_Pigments_Comparison0011.jpg

I am pretty sure of the guilt of my alleged offender. But, Damn, he's good!

LMD84

hhmmm i do agree that i think your spiritualize may be fake - mainlly because of the commer before the 26 - mac wouldn't make a mistake like that surely? but damn it is a good fake! getting so hard to tell now!

angi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
hhmmm i do agree that i think your spiritualize may be fake - mainlly because of the commer before the 26 - mac wouldn't make a mistake like that surely? but damn it is a good fake! getting so hard to tell now!

Yep, this and the numbering on the bottom of the jar both say this is fake.
thmbdn.gif

Eleentje

Yeah the comma is a dead give away, as well as the spacing is wrong (genuine Mac has wider spacing between words,after comma's and colons). Crappy print job on the sticker too, they probably used one of them cheap quality industrial printers
smiles.gif
Mac logo is also a bit different (the space between parts of letter M are wider).
But I must say that the pigment itself looks quite nice to me, for something fake :S

Rita Baumann

There is another factor that you can't photograph - the counterfeit pigment has an odor. It's a makeup odor - a bit strong - but an odor all the same. The genuine pigments just smell like baby powder.

kariii

Wow, could have fooled me.. the comma though.. that's a give a way.. huh? I'm sticking to MAC stores from now on.

angi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Baumann
There is another factor that you can't photograph - the counterfeit pigment has an odor. It's a makeup odor - a bit strong - but an odor all the same. The genuine pigments just smell like baby powder.

Some genuine pigments also have an odour (yep, I've smelt quite a few pigments). From memory, gold mode has quite a strong odour that's not particularly pleasant.