Hi! New Gurlie Wanting Advice On New Mac Before Crazy Impulse Buying!

SexyCadence311

Hi there!! I am about to put in my online order at MacCosmetics.com, but wanted some advice from fellow Mac Lovers...the online chat girl told me I should get a prep+prime to use before applying foundation. I always use either Studio Moisture Fix or Strobe Cream before applying my base and powder....does the prep+prime make a big difference in the finish? I want to get better coverage, but she said the products I use are the best for ultimate coverage. I'm just not so sure, let me know what you guys think, before I go crazy like always and buy a whole bunch of stuff I will never end up using!!

(Just 411-I use Studio Fix Fluid, Studio Fix Powder, & Studio Finish Concealer....I'm wondering if there's a better combination to use....)

Thanks!!!!!!!!
clap.gif

maxcat

Q: how old are you? I find strobe is great on young women (under 30) and P&P is better for "more mature skin"....

SexyCadence311

I'm 22, and I've never had a problem with either product before (Strobe Cream & Studio Moisture Fix) but lately, my skin has become a lot more dry. I was just wondering if the prep and prime really made a huge difference, because in all my years of shopping at MAC, nobody has ever recommended that product to me. I also don't really like the coverage I'm getting with the Studio Fix Fluid and Studio Fix Powder. I'm wondering if there's something else I can try or add to make my finish more flawless.

Thanks for all your help!!!!!!
wavey.gif

Ms. Z

I did not like the Prep & Prime Eyes or Skin (I will never buy those again), I prefer the primers by Smashbox & Laura Mercier.

user79

I think the Prep & Prime skin is not that great. It's not really to give moisture either, if you're experiencing dry skin.

little teaser

i have really dry skin and use mac studio moisture cream and the prep&prime and it works great for me, the perp&prime makes my skin smooth and soft..