Holiday '07 Product Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krasevayadancer

I got the products at the pro store which releases collections a week early.

No problem for the swatches- I have some samples of the rushmetal piggies. From the looks of it sweet sienna has a much better texture (its finer, not as chunky) Also, mauvement (or what I think it mauvement because the containers are unlabeled) has more brass/copper in it. Mauvement is more metallic in appearance whereas the texture of sweet sienna reminds me of my beloved danse pigment. In my opinion, sweet sienna is way better!
I took some pics to compare but the quality is kind of crappy, i will post anyway in the swatch forum!

noahlowryfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasevayadancer
I got the products at the pro store which releases collections a week early.

No problem for the swatches- I have some samples of the rushmetal piggies. From the looks of it sweet sienna has a much better texture (its finer, not as chunky) Also, mauvement (or what I think it mauvement because the containers are unlabeled) has more brass/copper in it. Mauvement is more metallic in appearance whereas the texture of sweet sienna reminds me of my beloved danse pigment. In my opinion, sweet sienna is way better!
I took some pics to compare but the quality is kind of crappy, i will post anyway in the swatch forum!

will the rest of the Antiquitease collection comes out at the Pro stores on the 18th since its coming out at the counters on the 25th.

starangel2383

adina, thank you so much for posting those swatches. now i am even more excited about this upcoming thursday and what i am going to be purchasing.

AudreyNicole

OMGGGGGG! I just saw watches of everything from the color story on livejournal... Everything looks awesome! I definately want 3 of the shadows, the white pigment and 2 lipsticks! *drool* If it is ok, I can try to post the link here... Mods?

HOTasFCUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
OMGGGGGG! I just saw watches of everything from the color story on livejournal... Everything looks awesome! I definately want 3 of the shadows, the white pigment and 2 lipsticks! *drool* If it is ok, I can try to post the link here... Mods?

Please post!!!!

Worst comes to worst they can just pull it down!
graucho.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglegirl
This post here shows us lots of pics w. flash and whatnot for the colour collection:

http://community.livejournal.com/mac...52.html#cutid1

This was posted by Jessica http://myspace.com/jessicadore

I hope it was credited right. If not, I'm sure the mods will let me know.

Yep, those are the ones! I can't wait for these! I want Mi' Lady, Silversmith and Family Silver shadows and Your Ladyship pigment! Oh, and the 2 lighter lipsticks if I can B2M for them!
smiles.gif
Going to a preview party tomorrow - YEAH!
cheerleader.gif

AudreyNicole

Adina, that gold fluidline looks awesome!! I bet it would make a great base! I was going to pass on it, but it looks so different from Brassy. It looks very wearable, and not as yellow as brassy. It has a metallic, shimmery finish correct? It's not matte like blacktrack? I think I neeeeeed it LOL!

gigglegirl

For people who've purchased lip palettes from MAC before, did you feel they were worth it? I've recently become addicted to MAC and am starting to branch out into lip stuff. I tested out some Viva Glam (various ones I'm thinking nearly all) at my local counter and am interested in them. Now lets pretend I was from the US--lipsticks cost 14, the Viva Glamorous palettes will cost 22.50 (3 little pans with a brush).

How long will these pans last? Obviously not as long as if I had a full tube. Should I just go for the tube or just get a palette and not worry about "cost effectiveness" and which would have been the better bang for my buck?

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglegirl
For people who've purchased lip palettes from MAC before, did you feel they were worth it? I've recently become addicted to MAC and am starting to branch out into lip stuff. I tested out some Viva Glam (various ones I'm thinking nearly all) at my local counter and am interested in them. Now lets pretend I was from the US--lipsticks cost 14, the Viva Glamorous palettes will cost 22.50 (3 little pans with a brush).

How long will these pans last? Obviously not as long as if I had a full tube. Should I just go for the tube or just get a palette and not worry about "cost effectiveness" and which would have been the better bang for my buck?

I am thinking about getting one of the lip palettes too, not sure which one. Ok, so I remember seeing a tutorial of some kind where someone melted down a lipstick from a tube into empty metal eyeshadow pans and each full size lipstick took up 3 pans. I think the lipsticks in the holiday palettes would probably equal about 1/2 a tube, so if you divide the cost of a full size tube in half and times it by 3 since there are 3 shades in the palette, you get about the same price as the cost of the palette. I say, especially with the viva glam palettes, get one, see which shades you like most, and then, if you use it up, you can pruchase a full size tube. 100% of the viva glam sales go towards AIDS research, and I think it is a great cause. Since the VG palettes are permanent shades, it is a great way to try them. It would be such a tease for me to get a palette with LE shades, and them using them up and not being able to get them again. The only thing that makes me hesitant is the lip brush. I hate applying l/s that way. I may just go for the lip finery bags for that reason...

Krasevayadancer

You are welcome everyone! Always happy to share
winks.gif

Audrey- Yeah, there is definitely a metallic quality to uppity. Not matte at all
smiles.gif
I really do think it would make a great gold base!

foxyqt

oooh those swatches are really pretty! i like Silversmith and Earthly Riches the most out of the MES's ^_^

Chrystia

Uppity is definitely going to be a must have. It could potentially be the first product i might want to have a back up for. It looks beautiful. AH! I can't believe i get my first glimpse tomorrow night!

gigglegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
I am thinking about getting one of the lip palettes too, not sure which one. Ok, so I remember seeing a tutorial of some kind where someone melted down a lipstick from a tube into empty metal eyeshadow pans and each full size lipstick took up 3 pans. I think the lipsticks in the holiday palettes would probably equal about 1/2 a tube, so if you divide the cost of a full size tube in half and times it by 3 since there are 3 shades in the palette, you get about the same price as the cost of the palette. I say, especially with the viva glam palettes, get one, see which shades you like most, and then, if you use it up, you can pruchase a full size tube. 100% of the viva glam sales go towards AIDS research, and I think it is a great cause. Since the VG palettes are permanent shades, it is a great way to try them. It would be such a tease for me to get a palette with LE shades, and them using them up and not being able to get them again. The only thing that makes me hesitant is the lip brush. I hate applying l/s that way. I may just go for the lip finery bags for that reason...

Thanks for your insight! And yeah, the real thing holding me back would be the brush for application, lol to me it doesn't feel like lipstick. I'll get over it, I mean just to be able to try 3 different shades sounds great! Thanks again, I'm thinking the "warm" palette, no real reason though!!

Lisa J

Hey everyone, I'm just wondering about the MSF eyeshadows. I've never used any of these but the swatches of the new ones do look gorgeous overall. I'm just wondering what the benefit is to buying these as opposed to a regular eyeshadow in a similar colour. Are they really quite different from an eyeshadow? Thanks!

noahlowryfan

i got something in the mail today from MAC. its a card and on the card it said:

"With holiday's approach, MAC would like to show our thanks for being such a loyal customer by welcoming you to be one of the first to see our holiday collection as it launches. On counter October 18 and holiday kits on counter October 25, Antiquitease is indulgent, majestic and a fabulous way to celebrate the season. We hope to see you soon."

komischkatze

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahlowryfan
i got something in the mail today from MAC. its a card and on the card it said:

"With holiday's approach, MAC would like to show our thanks for being such a loyal customer by welcoming you to be one of the first to see our holiday collection as it launches. On counter October 18 and holiday kits on counter October 25, Antiquitease is indulgent, majestic and a fabulous way to celebrate the season. We hope to see you soon."

Yeah, I got mine with an order that came in the other day. Scanned it and posted that in #574. I'm guessing yours looked the same as the one I got, huh?

noahlowryfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by komischkatze
Yeah, I got mine with an order that came in the other day. Scanned it and posted that in #574. I'm guessing yours looked the same as the one I got, huh?

yeah its the same. is the stores releasing the collection a week before the counters release the collection?

komischkatze

When are the counters releasing? I know some stuff comes out on the 18th. We've got the pre-release events for freestanding stores tomorrow (goin' to my store at 5pm yay!) and then they're doing the usual get-your-makeup-done kind of event on the 18-20th as well to showcase the releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.