Holiday Cookies Recipe Exchange!

user79

Post your favorite Holiday cookie recipes here! I'd like to try some new ones. So I'll start. This is one of my favs which I discovered on the Net a few years ago.

Butterscotch Gingerbread Cookies
38948.jpg

INGREDIENTS

* 3 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons baking soda
* 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
* 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
* 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup butter or margarine
* 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
* 1 large egg
* 1/3 cup light molasses
* 1/2 package Butterscotch Chips

(Ingredients in Metric)

* 375 g all-purpose flour
* 9 g baking soda
* 3 g ground cinnamon
* 3 g ground ginger
* 2 g ground cloves
* 3 g salt
* 225 g butter or margarine
* 220 g packed brown sugar
* 1 large egg
* 80 ml light molasses
* 150g Butterscotch Chips

DIRECTIONS

1. PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F.
2. COMBINE flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt in small bowl.
3. BEAT butter, sugar, egg and molasses in large mixer bowl until creamy. Gradually beat in flour mixture until well blended. Stir in morsels. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
4. BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

Add yours!
graucho.gif

elizs

mm Good idea...Here is mine

Velveta fudge

1 pound Velvetea Cheese
1 Pound cheap stick butter
4 pounds powdered sugar
1cup coco
1 tablespoon vanilla extract

Melt Velveeta & butter together over low-medium heat. Continuously stir to combine completley. (Takes a while)
Combine cheese/butter mix with sifted coco & powdered sugar & stir with a wooden spoon & add the vanilla.
Spread in buttered pan to let it set up.
If it doesn't set up then you have yummy fudge in a container to eat with a spoon
smiles.gif

***Important to use full fat brand name velveeta & the cheapeast stick butter.
You cannot taste the cheese in the fudge but it makes it soo creamy

Freezes well

Willa

Ginger cookies

8ae91xw.jpg

1 cup of Sugar
1 cup of crisco (shortening)
1 cup of molasses
3 1/2 cup of flour
1 tea spoon of baking powder
1 tea spoon of salt
1 tea spoon cinnamon
1 1/2 tea spoon of ground ginger
1/2 tea spoon ground cloves

Heat oven at 350F.
Mix sugar, crisco and molasse in a big bowl.
In a medium bowl, mix dry ingredients.
Mix in the molasse blend, stir well.
Form ''golf balls'' with this blend. Roll in sugar.
Cook for 12 minutes, gives 40 cookies. (I did around 18 minutes)
Also added a little bit of water because it was too dry to form the balls.

I found this receipe on a food blog. The lady usually gives very good receipes, so Im sure it tastes like heaven. I'm going to make some tonight
yes.gif

Beauty Mark

Butter cookies (roll and cut them and decorate with sugar or icing)

Ingredients
2 cupsbutter
1½ cupssugar
4egg yolks
1½ teaspvanilla
4½ cupsflour
½ teaspsalt
¼ teaspBaking powder

1. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Beat in the yolks one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Put in fridge until cold (a few hours usually)

2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). On a floured surface, take a ball of dough. Sprinkle flour on dough and roll out to desired thickness. Use cookie cutters to make shapes and place on cookie sheet. Sprinkle with colored sugar if desired

3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven or until finished (I use the tooth pick method of sticking a tooth pick down the center). Remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Decorate with frosting if desired.

purrtykitty

And if you think Willa's cookies sound tasty...I have a similar recipe, with a twist:

Cocoa Ginger Cookies (these are always a big hit with my family)
3/4 c. Butter
1 c. Sugar
1 Egg
1/4 c. Molasses
2 c. Flour
1/4 c. Unsweetened Cocoa
1 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
2 1/2 tsp. Ground Ginger
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/4 c. Sugar (for rolling)...but I've also been known to roll the cookies in red and green sugar for a more festive look.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter; gradually add 1 cup sugar, beating at medium speed with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat well. Stir in molasses. Sift flour and cocoa together. Stir in baking soda, ginger, and salt. Add to creamed mixture, stirring well. (Chill the dough if you're using a scooper for the cookies.) Shape dough into 1 inch balls; roll in 1/4 cup sugar (or the colored stuff, if you prefer). Place 2 inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool cookies completely on wire racks. Yields about 4 dozen cookies.

And since my recipe is simply a twist on Willa's (my apologies if I am stepping on your toes, Willa)...here's a bonus:

Fudge Cruddies (from the BH&G 75th Anniversary Cook Book)

1 c. Butter, softened
2 c. Brown Sugar, packed
1 tsp. Baking Soda
2 Eggs
2 tsps. Vanilla
2 1/2 c. All-Purpose Flour
3 c. Quick Cooking Rolled Oats (a.k.a. Quaker Oats)
1 1/2 c. Semisweet Chocolate Pieces
1 14 oz. can (about 1 1/4 cups) Sweetened Condensed Milk (the low-fat version is also acceptable)
1/2 c. Chopped Walnuts or Pecans
2 tsps. Vanilla

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Set aside 2 tbsps. of the butter. In a large mixing bowl beat the remaining butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add the brown sugar and baking soda. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs and 2 teaspoons vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour. Stir in the rolled oats.
2. For filling, in a medium saucepan, combine the reserved 2 tbsps. butter, chocolate pieces, and sweetened condensed milk. Cook over low heat until chocolate melts, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in the nuts and 2 teaspoons vanilla.
3. Press two-thirds (about 3 1/4 cups) of the rolled oats mixture into the bottom of an ungreased 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Spread the filling evenly over the oats mixture. Dot remaining rolled oats mixture on filling.
4. Bake about 25 minutes or until top is lightly browned (chocolate filling will still look moist). Cool on wire rack. Cut into bars after completely cooled.

Aside...my piano teacher used to make these every month and they were always a favorite treat of my growing up. I looooooved Fudge Cruddie day!

user79

I just made these ones, they are sooo good! And really easy to make.

Mrs. Sigg's Snickerdoodles
10687.jpg

18045.jpg

INGREDIENTS

* 1/2 cup butter, softened
* 1/2 cup shortening
* 1 1/2 cups white sugar
* 2 eggs
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 2 tablespoons white sugar
* 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

Ingredients (Metric)

* 115 g butter, softened
* 100 g shortening
* 300 g white sugar
* 2 eggs
* 10 ml vanilla extract
* 345 g all-purpose flour
* 6 g cream of tartar
* 5 g baking soda
* 2 g salt
* 25 g white sugar
* 5 g ground cinnamon

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. Cream together butter, shortening, 1 1/2 cups sugar, the eggs and the vanilla. Blend in the flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt. Shape dough by rounded spoonfuls into balls.
3. Mix the 2 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon. Roll balls of dough in mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until set but not too hard. Remove immediately from baking sheets.

Although I used all butter, I think shortening is disgusting. They turned out sooo yummy!! Will def be making these again.

Willa

Ok right now I just want to make cookies...
Its 8h50 in the morning, my man is still sleeping, he'll think I'm completely crazy
lol.gif

user79

^ Nothing like waking up to the smell of fresh baking!! Did you make some cookies?

knoxydoll

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies. So deliciously bad for you.

Brownie Layer

3/4 cup flour
2/3 cup cocoa
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups sugar
1 cup butter
4 eggs, beaten
2 tsp. vanilla extract

Cookie Layer

2 1/4 cups flour
1/2 rolled oats
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
2 eggs
3 cups semisweet chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 13x9 in baking pan.

2. For brownie layer, melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Add sugar and cocoa; stir to blend. Remove from heat. Stir in eggs and vanilla. In a bowl, stir together flour, salt and baking soda; stir into chocolate mixture. Spread into baking pan.

3. For cookie layer, combine in a medium bowl, the oats, the flour, baking soda, salt and ground cinnamon. In another medium bowl, cream together the butter, sugars, and vanilla. Add the eggs and mix until smooth. Stir the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients. Add the chocolate chips.

4. Take the cookie mixture and add dough by rounded tablespoonfuls evenly onto brownie layer. Press down lightly.

5. Bake for about 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches in comes out almost clean. Cool completely before cutting. Cut into 8 rows by 6 rows.

tara_hearts

Holiday Biscotti

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
3/4 cup pistachios, coarsely chopped
2/3 cup dried cranberries
12 ounces good-quality white chocolate, chopped
red sugar crystals, for garnish
green sugar crystals, for garnish

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Line a heavy large baking sheet with parchment paper.
  3. Whisk the flour and baking powder in a medium bowl to blend.
  4. Using an electric mixer, beat the sugar, butter, lemon zest, and salt in a large bowl to blend.
  5. Beat in the eggs 1 at a time.
  6. Add the flour mixture and beat just until blended.
  7. Stir in the pistachios and cranberries.
  8. Form the dough into a 13-inch long, 3-inch wide log on the prepared baking sheet.
  9. Bake until light golden, about 40 minutes. Cool for 30 minutes.
  10. Place the log on the cutting board.
  11. Using a sharp serrated knife, cut the log on a diagonal into 1/2 to 3/4-inch-thick slices.
  12. Arrange the biscotti, cut side down, on the baking sheet.
  13. Bake the biscotti until they are pale golden, about 15 minutes.
  14. Transfer the biscotti to a rack and cool completely.
  15. Stir the chocolate in a bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water until the chocolate melts.
  16. Dip half of the biscotti into the melted chocolate.
  17. Gently shake off the excess chocolate. Place the biscotti on the baking sheet for the chocolate to set.
  18. Sprinkle with the sugar crystals. Refrigerate until the chocolate is firm, about 35 minutes.
  19. The biscotti can be made ahead.
  20. Store them in an airtight container up to 4 days, or wrap them in foil and freeze in resealable plastic bags up to 3 weeks.
  21. **Cooking time does not include the 30 minutes of cooling time before dipping in white chocolate or the 35 minutes refrigeration time after the biscotti is dipped in the chocolate.
This is alot of work but it is really delicious. I take a day where I am not doing anything and make a couple batches and give them as gifts. They are really delicious dipped into your dessert wine
smiles.gif
smiles.gif

*KT*

I bought a bag of those Mint Chocolate M&Ms the other day and this was on the back of the bag. When you asked for a "mint" recipe, I thought of it. =)

prod_lg_title_317.gif

dotted_line.gif

ingredients_header.gif

1 bag M&M'S Brand Milk Chocolate Candies for the Holidays
1 18-oz. tube refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
1 16-oz. container vanilla frosting
1 3-inch round cookie cutter
Green food coloring
24 pieces 12 x 12-inch clear squares cellophane
1/2-inch thick holiday ribbon

directions_header.gif

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Tint the cookie dough with the green food coloring and flavor it with the peppermint extract. Roll it to a 1/4-inch thickness, and then press out 24 circles using the cookie cutter. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. When the cookies are cool, spread with frosting. Before the frosting dries, arrange red and green M&M'S Brand Milk Chocolate Candies for the Holidays over the frosting. When the frosting is firm, gently wrap the cookies in cellophane and tie the ends with ribbon.

Tips: For extra minty flavor, use M&M'S Brand Mint Chocolate Candies for the Holidays.

Makes 24 cookies.

Stolen from here:
M&M's.com > Recipes & Ideas > Recipes > Christmas if you want to see a picture.

knoxydoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraAmericana
I know the thread says cookies but how about some Holiday candy recipes??
I love anything with mint *hinthint*

Now I'm going from memory so this could be wrong but it's really delicious.

300g Dark Chocolate
85g cocoa powder
6 egg yolks
150g butter
450ml of cream (almost freezing cold for best results)
300g sugar
300g box of After Eight chocolate mints.

1. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
2. Cream butter, cocoa, and half the sugar in a large mixing bowl.
3. Separeate the 6 eggs and beat the yolks with the rest of the sugar till light and fluffy.
4. Mix melted chocolate into the creamed butter. Add the yolks and mix. Add the cream to the mixtures. Blend everything together very well.
5. Prep a bread pan (about 9 X 5 X 3) by laying three layers of cling wrap across .
6. Put chocolate mixture into a pipping bag (sandwich bag with the tip cut off works just as well) and pipe a layer of chocolate on the bottom.
7. Lay 8 After Eights ontop of the chocolate layer. Make sure the bottoms are facing up (towards you).
8. Repeat until you cannot make a full layer of After Eights.
9. Chill in the freezer for 2 hours +.
10. Cut into slices and serve.

You can also add in flavourings like orange, alcohol, more mint. And you can serve it with fruit sorbets or vanilla ice cream.

Renee

Pie Crust Cookies
1 pkg.of premade pie crust
cookie cutters
Vanilla frosting
Food coloring
Sprinkles of all kinds

Unroll pie crust and use cookie cutters to cut out shapes. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes or until light brown.Cool. Color frosting any color you like. Frost cookies and decorate with sprinkes.
The combo of the buttery, flaky crust and the sweet frosting is soooo good!
Easy for kids to make also!

Willa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
^ Nothing like waking up to the smell of fresh baking!! Did you make some cookies?

Yeah I did, and they were sooooo good
smiles.gif

My bf woke up and told : what's that good smell?

I did the receipe I posted
drools.gif

Ho yeah, purrtykitty : it's ok if we are similar receipes you know
winks.gif

shinygolden

Love these recipes! Here is an easy one. You can use any nuts you want if you don't have pecans--whole nuts or large pieces work best. You can also double it very easily.

Pecan Delights

Preheat oven to 400F
Line cookie sheet with parchment paper (you can get this at the grocery near the foil and plastic wrap)

Ingredients:

1 cup pecan halves (or whole almonds)
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg white
dash of cinnamon

Mix brown sugar and egg white together until mixture is syrupy. Add
cinnamon and nuts, stir to coat nuts. Place by teaspoonfuls (ca. 2 nut pieces)
on cookie sheet, leaving 2" at least between cookies. Place in 400 degree oven.
TURN OVEN OFF. Go to bed.
winks.gif

Get up in the morning, open the (now cool) oven, and the cookies will be done. (You should leave
them in 6 or so hours if you are not making them overnight.) They will slide right off the parchment paper.

Makes about 2 dozen meringue-like cookies. They're fragile, but keep
very well for a week or so in an airtight container!

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa
Yeah I did, and they were sooooo good
smiles.gif

My bf woke up and told : what's that good smell?

I did the receipe I posted
drools.gif

Ho yeah, purrtykitty : it's ok if we are similar receipes you know
winks.gif

Thanks much...your bf is one lucky fellow!

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraAmericana
I know the thread says cookies but how about some Holiday candy recipes??
I love anything with mint *hinthint*

Try these ones! They look sooo yummy!

38369.jpg

Chocolate Mint Candies Cookies

INGREDIENTS

* 3/4 cup butter
* 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
* 2 tablespoons water
* 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
* 2 eggs
* 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 3 (4.5 ounce) packages chocolate covered thin mints

INGREDIENTS (metric)

* 170 g butter
* 220 g brown sugar
* 30 ml water
* 335 g semisweet chocolate chips
* 2 eggs
* 310 g all-purpose flour
* 6 g baking soda
* 3 g salt
* 378 g chocolate covered thin mints

DIRECTIONS

1. In a saucepan over medium heat, cook the sugar, butter and water, stirring occasionally until melted. Remove from heat, stir in the chocolate chips until melted and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
2. Pour the chocolate mixture into a large bowl, and beat in the eggs, one at a time. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt, stir into the chocolate mixture. Cover and refrigerate dough for at least 1 hour.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets. Roll cookie dough into walnut sized balls and place 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.
4. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, be careful not to overbake. When cookies come out of the oven, Press one mint wafer into the top of each cookie and let sit for 1 minute. When the mint is softened, swirl with the back of a spoon or toothpick to make a pattern with the green filling of the mint wafer. For smaller cookies, break mints in half.

ArsenicKiss

So, I would come and share recipes if I could bake half as well as my brother, but I was actually curious if anyone knew any holiday recipes that were Diabetic friendly and tasted good?

I had an illness earlier in the year that made my Type-2 worse after years of progressing towards being "healthy" again. And, my mother was also diagnosed as possibly being a diabetic this month. I was hoping someone could suggest something that'd be good for the party we were going to on Christmas Eve, or if any of the recipes that are already up could be altered to use diabetic friendly ingredients.

Oh, and, if I can reach him, I'll ask my brother for some of his recipes to share. They're not exactly holiday specific, but he always bakes more than usual then.