HOw do you like your EGGS?

aeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutMeg
I like scrambled with cheese, onions, fried ham, mushrooms, pretty much whatever is in the fridge that looks promising. Also over easy if I'm in the mood for bacon and toast dipping. And I am addicted to egg salad sandwiches, if that counts. Hard boil them, mash them up with mayo, onions, celery, salt and pepper... I'm in heaven. Poached is fun too, aeni I'm surprised that you've encountered chefs who don't know how to poach an egg. It seems like such a basic thing.

Yeah I know! As a chef it's something you should know...but maybe they just had a highschooler in the back pretending they knew how to cook. Or maybe they kept messing up like Hells Kitchen kept messing up quail eggs.

aeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraAmericana
Cam someone quickly tell me whatthe diff is between fritata and omelette??

Omelets are twice folded and done entirely on the stove. Fritatas require less stress and cook both on the stove and in the oven - finishes like a quiche.

faifai

Stuffed omelettes! I especially like the ones stuffed with fresh veggies, a bit of cheddar cheese, and onions, topped with a smidgen of sour cream.

j_absinthe

Scrambled. Slightly burned.

As far as omelettes go, stuff them full of cheese and bacon and I'm a happy camper.

CantAffordMAC

LoL scrambled with salt and pepper, and if we have some cheddar cheese.

my mom used to make me omellettes (sp) with just cheddar cheese on the inside. mmm

user79

I like crepes, and sunny side up plain eggs. I also lie soft-boiled eggs to dip with bread.