How long can you be inactive with Mac before they take you off the list?

mslips

I haven't gotten a gig since the Hello Kitty event in Feb...and im worried they are going to take me off.

I'm still waiting for a perm position..is it true there's a hiring freeze?

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by mslips
I haven't gotten a gig since the Hello Kitty event in Feb...and im worried they are going to take me off.

I'm still waiting for a perm position..is it true there's a hiring freeze?

freelancers aren't used that often. we haven't used any since hello kitty either. we won't be using them again til style warriors, then not again til the fall event.

there isn't a hiring freeze. there just aren't any openings. mac's actually been letting people go lately. keep your fingers crossed it doesn't hold up like this for too much longer, but i wouldn't be expecting a call for a perm. position for quite some time if i were you. sorry hun.
ssad.gif

dominicana90

I heard differently. I heard there should be more hours during the summer for all the collections coming out. I hadn't worked since HK either and I finally got some hours for this weekend. I also heard that they are making it even more difficult to get hired. I heard that they have the mangers have to like your look and style or they won't even turn in your resume. I also heard they just don't have the funds for freelancers. idk thats the rumors here. I'm hoping for a permanent position too.

mslips

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
freelancers aren't used that often. we haven't used any since hello kitty either. we won't be using them again til style warriors, then not again til the fall event.

there isn't a hiring freeze. there just aren't any openings. mac's actually been letting people go lately. keep your fingers crossed it doesn't hold up like this for too much longer, but i wouldn't be expecting a call for a perm. position for quite some time if i were you. sorry hun.
ssad.gif

Thanks Erin, that helps. Yea it really sucks. I get shit pay at Ulta and found out we're not getting raises this yr..and i was anticipating it. I'm still going to go next wk and visit all the mac counters and store and drop my business card or some info to call me when they need freelancers..im freakin broke dammit.

mslips

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominicana90
I heard differently. I heard there should be more hours during the summer for all the collections coming out. I hadn't worked since HK either and I finally got some hours for this weekend. I also heard that they are making it even more difficult to get hired. I heard that they have the mangers have to like your look and style or they won't even turn in your resume. I also heard they just don't have the funds for freelancers. idk thats the rumors here. I'm hoping for a permanent position too.

Thats good you got something. Wow i hope those are rumors..its already hard enough to get in with Mac..We gotta keep our fingers crossed. I don't know how much longer I can wait..i might just try a Smashbox counter.

mslips

Still no answer to my q...does anyone know how long it takes to be inactive until you get dropped? I know with Benefit it's a year.

erine1881

Quote:
Still no answer to my q...does anyone know how long it takes to be inactive until you get dropped? I know with Benefit it's a year.

Mac doesn't have an official time limit. Its up to the manager how long/often they wanna keep using you.

erine1881

Quote:
Thanks Erin, that helps. Yea it really sucks. I get shit pay at Ulta and found out we're not getting raises this yr..and i was anticipating it. I'm still going to go next wk and visit all the mac counters and store and drop my business card or some info to call me when they need freelancers..im freakin broke dammit.

Yeah, we aren't getting raises this year either
ssad.gif