How long does it take you to do your make-up?

V15U4L_3RR0R

Takes me around 30 - 45 mins for everything but sometimes I feel like taking my time so I can be anything up to an hour on occasion. So I guess I take a while but I only ever wear make up for a night out and never during the day so it balances out.

user79

Work day: 5-10 minutes

Glamorous night out: 45 mins to 1 hour

Somewhere in between: 15-25 minutes

Kiseki

For me, which is basically corrective makeup, 15 minutes for concealer, tinted moisturizer and finish with Air-Touch foundation.

alien21xx

30 minutes to an hour on any occasion. I'm a perfectionist when it comes to my make-up (and a hell of a lot of other stuff). There's no point in doing it if it's going to be half-assed.

kattybadatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by alien21xx
30 minutes to an hour on any occasion. I'm a perfectionist when it comes to my make-up (and a hell of a lot of other stuff). There's no point in doing it if it's going to be half-assed.

COMPLETELY AGREE! I'm waaaay too picky on how I look - it's the diva in me! So if it's not flawless, I'm not happy. And if I'm not happy, you'll know it! LOL So I'd rather get up early to make sure I have time to do a nice job instead of feeling rushed and having a crappy face on all day.

Interesting post! I love all the different answers
yes.gif

sandyyyy <3

I usually take about 30 minutes but it depends sometimes it can take longer if my liner isn't working for me.

NutMeg

I need 20 minutes for a full face, so foundation, powder, base, eyeshadow, liner, mascara, brows, blush/highlight/contour, lips. I can do a basic look in 5 minutes. If I'm playing around, that's a completely different thing. I can be adding stuff for hours.

matsubie

it really depends-

on a normal work day, i TRY to spend about 10 minutes but i always spend about five. eek. just foundation, brows, curling lashes...if time allows, eyeliner. minimal for work.

on days i have more time and i want to look more "pretty" i take about 20 minutes doing make up. i add eye shadow and blush.

i agree with beauty mark's comment. the time it takes to figure out which colors you want to use takes longer than actually applying them.

nellpanda

Anywhere from 15-30 minutes. I just started using liquid foundation (instead of mineral) so it takes me a bit longer now.

flowerhead

on an average day, 5 minutes, but if i'm going out or feel glam about 15. would be more if i wore much skin product, but it feels nasty to me now for some reason....

smellyocheese

for daily make up I usually take 15 minutes.

for a certain look I usually take up alot of time on the eyes so about 40 minutes. it depends.

*KT*

I changed my hair style and stopped using any type of heat on my hair back in August. It dropped 15 minutes off my routine and I was getting to work so early!

Then I decided I was tired of my same old makeup looks. I bought some 'staple' products at MAC and trashed everything in my makeup bag except for my new products and my Jane Iredale foundation, eyeliner & blushes. I started buying MAC, NARS, Benefit, BE, etc. I'm having a lot of fun with all of it, however I'm sure I've now increased my morning routine back to what it was before the new hairdo... maybe even longer.

I'll time myself tomorrow!

iSHi

I take around 30 minutes. Mostly because I usually end up staring at my makeup for awhile trying to figure out what to do with my eyes
tong.gif

aziajs

It takes forever. 45-60 minutes. I just move slowly I guess. I have to take my time and do it right. I don't seem to be able to do it any quicker.

Distinque

It takes me about 30-35 minutes for a full makeup look, including the eyes! Eyes take the longest! but it's just foundation, brows, lipstick, cheeks....about 10 minutes

*KT*

UDPP, concealor, foundation, e/s, liner, mascara, blush, lips... 20 minutes. I guess it's not too bad, just a lot longer than I used to take before multiplying my stash by 10x!

macBARBIE

OKAY EVERYONE IS PROBABLY GONNA THINK I'M CRAZY....but maybe i'm just a perfectionist..and i really hate this about myself because i dont know how i can speed up the process...

for a special occasion / club / vegas (lol) i take *drumroll* AN HOUR AND A HALF!

maybe i'm jsut slow? but i really do take that long...total it takes me 3 full hours to look my best (including my hair) ... am i just crazy?

but for a regular day i take 30 minutes..

i dont know how everyone can blend/apply/sort through makeup to find what you need so quickly!

someone has to PM me with some tips =)