How much did your baby weigh?

toby_is_cute

Just curious...my friend has a month to go and her Dr. told her her baby is already 6 pounds 2 ounces.

My daughter was 6 pounds 15 ounces when she was born.

Marie71

My daughter was 9 lbs, 6 ounces. Her hands and feet were huge. lol! She was a very good baby and slept through the night almost immediately. Now she is 12.

toby_is_cute

Quote:
Originally Posted by janwa09
My son weighed 7 lbs 5 oz. Now he's already 22 lbs!

My daughter will be 2 in May and she only weighs 23 pounds! She is a really tiny girl. She just started wearing 18 month pants. It is so funny because I was a really fat chubby baby! My husband was too.

toby_is_cute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie71
My daughter was 9 lbs, 6 ounces. Her hands and feet were huge. lol! She was a very good baby and slept through the night almost immediately. Now she is 12.

Isn't it funny how the hands and feet never look like they match the rest of the body when babies are newborns? My daughter's feet looked HUGE, but then they stayed the same size for the first 6 months. Congrats on having had a sleeper!

janwa09

^^Yes my son's a big guy and he's already 71cm in length! The funny thing is that at 6 months, he wears clothes for 1 yr olds but shoes the size of a newborn's lol!

ratmist

This scares the hell out of me. I'm so not convinced I'm going to be able to give birth without tearing. I mean... 7 lbs?! 8 lbs?! My poor poor vagina...

persephonewillo

8lbs, 6oz and 8lbs, 5oz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmist
This scares the hell out of me. I'm so not convinced I'm going to be able to give birth without tearing. I mean... 7 lbs?! 8 lbs?! My poor poor vagina...

two words for you: perennial massage.
smiles.gif

gitts

My daughter weighed 6 pounds 6 ounces and she was taken two weeks early as she was a breached baby.

mandragora

Son 8lbs, 3 ozs (now 10yo).
Daughter 7lbs, 9ozs (now 8yo).

Quote:

It's not so much the weight of the baby but the size of his/her head (circumference) that you have to worry about
smiles.gif
. And of course, most doctors do episiotomy (sp?) to prevent the tearing of the vajayjay.

nikki

My son was 6lbs 2oz (and was 5 wks early!) Just imagine if he was fullterm!
My daughter was 7lbs 6oz.

midge

Quote:

Haha, don't worry, my son was 9 lbs 3 oz when he was born, and I didn't tear or need to be cut. I'm sure you'll be fine. Just do a lot of walking and stretching.

*Stargazer*

DD1 was 6 lbs 15 ounces
DD2 was 7 lbs 6 ounces
DS1 was 7 lbs 3 ounces - He would probably have been bigger but I was on a lot of insulin. He's 24 pounds now and he's not even 9 months yet. He's my future linebacker
smiles.gif