how to dress when working for MAC

Zombie barbie

hi guys I just got hired as a new mac employee and I was wondering how to come in? I know all black but can you wear jeans? Or any black tennis shoe? And are flats ok or do I need to wear heels!? I'm just a very cash girl and don't dress up to often, also do you bring your own brushes?!?! Thanks!!!!

I work for MAC and I almost always wear black jeans. I wear black casual dress shoes with them though. My manager and other female employees often wear black ballerina flats. A couple coworkers always wear big black boots. I only work with one girl that actually wears heels. So as long as you aren't wearing black running shoes, I think you'll be fine.
smiles.gif

rt66chix

Some locations dont allow denim so you might wanna ask your manager. Also, brushes are provided so you dont have to bring your own, but I have a co-worker whos very particular and she brings her own brushbelt full of her own brushes.

MakeupChiKiiTa

it depends which mac store your working at . if you work at a nordstrom the dress code has to be black but still professional . not too proffesional but it has to reflect on the company :]

rosasola1

All I know is that Demin for my location is a huge NoNo. So You improvise, corduroy is good, um... most MA's wear those tights/leggings and cute black dresses or long black tops. They allll shop at Forever 21 if that helps any. The key is to look "trendy". But if you prefer to be more simple... as long as the black isn't faded, and you're not wearing jeans or tennis shoes... you should be good.
smiles.gif