How to sanitize a paint pot?

Altair

Okay, so I was watching my three year old cousin at my Nana's house today, and she was bored stiff. So I hauled out my makeup and showed her everything, and before I know it, she stuck her fingers in my Delft paintpot. Now, I use my fingers in there, but I know where they've been.

How can I sanitize it? Can I just wipe the top layer out with a tissue, or is it hopeless?

Thanks in advance for any help, and I'm sorry if this is in the wrong area or has been asked before. I did a search and didn't really come up with anything. I'm sort of a newb.
th_LMAO.gif

Ella_

You cant really sanitize cream products which is why pros always scoop a little out with a spatula. Your best bet would be to spray down with some 99% alcohol - or which ever concentration you can get, and then wipe off the top layer.

Altair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella_
You cant really sanitize cream products which is why pros always scoop a little out with a spatula. Your best bet would be to spray down with some 99% alcohol - or which ever concentration you can get, and then wipe off the top layer.

Thanks, I'll try that. She wasn't sick or anything, just had regular little kid germs, I guess.

And MACpro...yes, we were really bored. It was either show her something to distract her or meltdown time. She wanted to put some on me, and it was *gorgeous*.
nope.gif

user79

Use one of those small alcoholic wipes (you can buy them at any pharmacy) and wipe the top of the paint pot gently. I've cleaned by blushcream like this before.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella_

actually, you can sanitize mac's cream products. they are non-aqueous, so they don't promote the growth of microbes. just wipe off the top layer with a tissue and you are good to go!