Hufu: the healthy human flesh alternative.

nunu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
Hmmmm.

Question: What would you rather be mixed into when you go?

A. Taco Bell Gordito
B. Vodka drink
C. Ben and Jerry's
D. Liver, Fava beans and a nice Chianti. phfhhfphffhphfff.

LOL
th_LMAO.gif
...hmm probably vodka as frocher said thats how i will be remembered loool

SparklingWaves

I remember seeing a documentary awhile back on tv on a group of people that ate the dead in India. While a part of India goes to great pains to give dignity to their dead, there is a group waiting for them to dispose of them to eat them. If I remember correctly, the cannibals are doing this for a spiritual reason. Anyway, no one messes with the cannibal group. People are scared of them and scared to look at them.

I will see if I can find the group on-line. Their eyes scare people for some reason. Oh, they would come out at night to get the bodies and had certain procedures with eating the bodies.

SparklingWaves

I found something on the Aghori Aghori - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia in India. They are a very small group that deals with the dead too.

The group that I saw on tv would be interviewed only in the dark. The documentaries on-online with the above group were openly interviewed in the day. This isn't the same people. Still searching...

captodometer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frocher

Incidentally, I had professors in grad school that did their field research among tribes that had practiced cannibalism, they told them that we do taste like pork, some called humans the "long pig." So I wonder where the hufu researchers came up with beef flavored humans?

Thanks for that. I was thinking that human flesh probably tasted like pork, but didn't have any sort of factual basis for stating that. It makes sense: pigs are omnivores like us. The other domestic animals that are routinely eaten are all herbivores.

The tribes that practice/practiced cannibalism tend to have pork as their meat source. The saying also goes you are what you eat. So people who eat pork may taste like pork. But maybe Americans taste like beef from eating at McDonald's too often
tong.gif

*Stargazer*

These kind of posts make me laugh because if someone came along after I started googling stuff from a post like this, they'd have me committed.

I watched a fascinating documentary on instances of "last resort" cannibalism. The Uruguayan soccer team in the Andes is probably the most recognizable example.

SparklingWaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Stargazer*
These kind of posts make me laugh because if someone came along after I started googling stuff from a post like this, they'd have me committed.

I watched a fascinating documentary on instances of "last resort" cannibalism. The Uruguayan soccer team in the Andes is probably the most recognizable example.

I know what you mean. LOL

SparklingWaves

When I think about this Hufu, I reach for my trail mix.
drama.gif

How the heck is anyone going to know if that stuff tastes like humans and what part of humans? How many cannibals do you know that would do the taste test?

Suddenly, I feel sorta nauseated.

Kuuipo

I used to work in an operating room for years. Human flesh when it is being cut with a bovie knife (its electro- cautery-it cuts and seals at the same time!) smells different on every site of the body! Cutting through fatty tissue and breast tissue smells a bit like popped corn. Human flesh is supposidley the most digestible flesh for huumans to eat, but it considered taboo.

In Hawaii, if you give birth, you can take your placenta home and do whatever you want with it. It's an ugly, musky, creepy looking thing. I doubt it would taste any better with rice. I would prefer tofu, mahalo nui loa.

SparklingWaves

I remember smelling flesh being cut (cautery) in the OR and it smelled awful. It traveled. Workers down the hall could smell it and wanted to wear a mask. It made us feel sick. I didn't want to be in their when the doctor was doing it. It stayed with me all day. I wonder if it depends on the area that is being cauterized.

In my hospital, we were not allowed to let patients leave with a placenta. I had to tell them this-"It's against hospital policy." The placenta went to the lab.

Kuuipo

It totally depends on the tissue being cauterized. When you cauterize gangrenous bowel, its hideous! Some parts don't smell that bad at all...