I can't do blusher on one cheek, why?

Doowop

I am right-handed and have no problem with applying blusher on the right side, but on my left it screws up. It is a weird shape, very uneven and look very unblended no matter how hard I experiment and adjust the angle, pressure and the blending! I even tried using my left hand. It's just weird, the only thing I can do is to even it out with my foundatin.

Anyone have this problem?

mrcouture

hahaha this is crazy, I actually thought I was the only one that this happens to. I'm also right handed, and my right side always comes out best, while my left side just looks uneven!

Chikky

I'm the opposite. I'm right handed (mostly, though I'm really ambidextrous) and it's my left side that looks the best and the right that looks worse.

sinergy

Ive always thought its basically cause our faces are not symmetrical. I mean if you were to cut your face right down the middle, you would have two different sides they do not look exactly the same as far as eye shape,mouth, cheeks. The differences might be extremely slight, but they are there. Like one side of your mouth might sag a little or when you can do your eyeliner perfect on one eye, but not the other? lOl. When I took a few esthetic courses they talked some about that to us.

Doowop

lol I guess a number of people have this problem. Maybe I should practise being left handed when applying blusher.

dreamer246

Practice makes perfect. I used to have the same problem too. Also, our faces are not symmetrical, so makeup is gonna look uneven although it's applied correctly. Like, my cheekbone is more defined on my right cheek although it's higher on my left. Like, wtf.
lol.gif

geeko

i always thought i'm the only one who had problems with applying blush evenly on both cheeks......

looks like now i know i'm not the only one

HockeyChick04

I didn't have this problem with blush but I did with eyeshadow and liner. My solution was to learn to be ambidextrous, yeah I know probably not the simplest solution. Now I do the make up on the right side of my face with my right hand and the left side of my face with my left (excluding foundation & concealer). Maybe that will help some of you guys, It totally worked for me.

andrrea

Like a previous poster, I'm the opposite. I am right-handed and I find that it's my left side that I like better!!! Same when I try to contour.