I found this Ebay guide to fakes helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lildreamer316

Thought I'd post in case it helps someone else. She seems to update pretty often.

http://reviews.ebay.com/MAC-COSMETIC...00000001901026
smiles.gif

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by lildreamer316
Thought I'd post in case it helps someone else. She seems to update pretty often.

http://reviews.ebay.com/MAC-COSMETICS-HOW-TO-SPOT-FAKES-by-EXPERIENCED-SELLER_W0QQugidZ10000000001901026
smiles.gif

Nope! Not anymore. She has sold some fake pigments and eyeshadows to some of the Specktrettes here.. Unfortunately.

Quote:
Most MAC sellers are honest, and would never risk losing their Ebay account (or feedback), by selling fakes (which is why most sellers of the fakes, only have 20-40 feedbacks - if they get suspended, they have nothing to lose). - wc-racer

I don't think so. She may be an honest seller in the past but not anymore.

panda0410

Not sure she was even honest in the past - she sold MACATTAK a fake e/s a good while ago too....

Xqueeze_me

Any chance of 'de-sticky'ing this thread? I don't think I'd want advice from someone who claims to be selling authentic MAC.

wolfsong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xqueeze_me
Any chance of 'de-sticky'ing this thread? I don't think I'd want advice from someone who claims to be selling authentic MAC.

Or maybe take any mention of that seller from it (or add a note about the recent change) so that people still have the info but dont associate the seller with authentic MAC.

MACATTAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
Not sure she was even honest in the past - she sold MACATTAK a fake e/s a good while ago too....

So true! It's been at least a year since I bought from her. When I questioned her about slight differences, she said they were bought from Canada, so they would be a little different. They are different because they are fake!
nonono.gif

akw

I guess the moderator and an attorney needs to get in on this because you have all made FALSE, SLANDEROUS STATEMENTS ABOUT ME! NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON CAN HONESTLY SAY THAT I HAVE SOLD A FAKE, BECAUSE I HAVEN'T. THIS IS ALL HEARSAY AND RUMOURS THAT STARTED ON THIS FORUM! A few of you are responsible for ruining the reputations of several honest, and long time sellers and it's based on NOTHING AT ALL! Rumours are NOT fact and it is against the law to slander someone in a public forum. I have found that "emails" supposedly written by certain sellers of "fakes", have been written by the PERSON POSTING THEM, NOT THE SELLER! You don't know ME and have absolutely NO right to make false claims against me! I HAVE RECEPTS FOR ALL OF MY PRODUCTS, AS I HAVE ALREADY TOLD THAT ONE, AND I REPEAT, ONE BUYER WHO GOT HER INFORMATION OFF OF THIS FORUM!

adela88

these days i think everyone would be better off buying mac from a store
you never know what sort of crap is sold on ebay, or whats in it

MACATTAK

^^ I completely agree. I don't buy ANY Mac off of Ebay anymore, as I've gotten numerous fakes. It's not worth it...you can't really trust anyone anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.