I had my MAC demo today, what do u think?

xocrlox

So I am a cosmetology student and i just LOVE MAC! I applied there like a month ago and i know i do really good makeup, and i was so happy when i got a call back for an interview with a model to bring in.

Let me tell you how nervous I was! I walked in dressed in all black, full face of make up with a smoke eye look using knight divine carbon and naked lunch. They all could tell that i was nervous when i walked in, and reassured me to not be nervous, which in fact made me more nervous!

I sat my model down, and i have been reading this site on what to expect for my demo. They showed me a picture of a girl in the magazine and told me imitate that on my model, which was a girl which looked like heavy eyeliner, but liquid( which i used pencil), and pale peachish lips. I used strobe for teh skin, foundation, concealar, powder, blush and bronzer for the face. I made sure it was all evenly blended. I then put primer on the eye lid with a matte eyeshadow all over the lid to the brow bone. I then lined her lower lid with black eyeliner and her water line, then lined teh upper lid with black eyeliner also. I slightly smudged it and went over it once again with Carbon and an angle brush to make it look more defined and extended it outward. After than i used espresso with another angle brush and filled in her brows slightly, but not making them look too dense. I also slightly added espresso in her crease to make her eyes look more defined. I then used eyelash primer, then added zoom lash in black. I then lined her lips with stripdown, and put a nude/peachlipstick and glossed it over with a pink lipgloss.

There were about 4 managers there and they would come over every now and then, but really left me alone for the most part. They said i would have 30 minutes to complete the look but not to get nervous if i was only up to the eyes or still teh skin. I completed the whole look. One manager came over and complemented my look and she told the other 3 managers to come over and they all complemented my look by saying what a good job i did and how good it looked. They did not tell me what i did wrong, or try and correct what i did wrong, and all i got was how good it looked.
thmbup.gif

I then went outside with the manager and she was asking me questions on how i keep up with teh latest makeup looks, and i said i read magazines, i follow kim kardashian bc i love teh way she does her make up, and i go on mac cosmetics.com and LIVE chat. She also asked me what my favorite products was and i said teh eyeshadows and i said night divine. She also asked me to name some other products. She said I had a lot of product knowledge and that i knew a lot about the company. She asked me why i would want to work there and i said it is a great opportunity, a nice company to work for, and i love making people feel beautiful.
cutey.gif

Teh only downside of the interview was when i got there, one of teh managers brought me outside and said imagine this was an eyeshadow, how would u sell it to me? I said i would see this is kinight divine and u can use this all over the lid, in the crease or on teh outer 3rd of your lid for a smokey eye effect, and i woudl show which brush to use. She corrected em and said it was good except i would have to introduce myself and ask what she was looking for, and if teh lady said a smokey look, knight divine would be a good choice. She didnt state the question and give me a scenario as if she were to say "imagine i was a customer coming in, trying to buy an eyeshadow, how would u sell it to me?" She asked me another question and apologized on how she didnt word it correctly.

Overall I think my demo went well, and the manager was telling me she would call me in about a week and let me know what positions they had available. I wouldnt be working in the MAC pro store bc that would be for people who had more experience with MAC but maybe in MACYs, or Hampton bays (i am from long island). She also explained free lance positions and they were in teh hiring process right now bc the holidays were coming up.

For MAC employees, how do u think i did? It seemed like she was implying i got the job, but i was so nervous i couldnt think to ask anything! lol

ps-sorry its long and about the gramatical errors
winkiss.gif

xocrlox

I had my Mac demo today, do u think i got it?

So I am a cosmetology student and i just LOVE MAC! I applied there like a month ago and i know i do really good makeup, and i was so happy when i got a call back for an interview with a model to bring in.

Let me tell you how nervous I was! I walked in dressed in all black, full face of make up with a smoke eye look using knight divine carbon and naked lunch. They all could tell that i was nervous when i walked in, and reassured me to not be nervous, which in fact made me more nervous!

I sat my model down, and i have been reading this site on what to expect for my demo. They showed me a picture of a girl in the magazine and told me imitate that on my model, which was a girl which looked like heavy eyeliner, but liquid( which i used pencil), and pale peachish lips. I used strobe for teh skin, foundation, concealar, powder, blush and bronzer for the face. I made sure it was all evenly blended. I then put primer on the eye lid with a matte eyeshadow all over the lid to the brow bone. I then lined her lower lid with black eyeliner and her water line, then lined teh upper lid with black eyeliner also. I slightly smudged it and went over it once again with Carbon and an angle brush to make it look more defined and extended it outward. After than i used espresso with another angle brush and filled in her brows slightly, but not making them look too dense. I also slightly added espresso in her crease to make her eyes look more defined. I then used eyelash primer, then added zoom lash in black. I then lined her lips with stripdown, and put a nude/peachlipstick and glossed it over with a pink lipgloss.

There were about 4 managers there and they would come over every now and then, but really left me alone for the most part. They said i would have 30 minutes to complete the look but not to get nervous if i was only up to the eyes or still teh skin. I completed the whole look. One manager came over and complemented my look and she told the other 3 managers to come over and they all complemented my look by saying what a good job i did and how good it looked. They did not tell me what i did wrong, or try and correct what i did wrong, and all i got was how good it looked.
thmbup.gif

I then went outside with the manager and she was asking me questions on how i keep up with teh latest makeup looks, and i said i read magazines, i follow kim kardashian bc i love teh way she does her make up, and i go on mac cosmetics.com and LIVE chat. She also asked me what my favorite products was and i said teh eyeshadows and i said night divine. She also asked me to name some other products. She said I had a lot of product knowledge and that i knew a lot about the company. She asked me why i would want to work there and i said it is a great opportunity, a nice company to work for, and i love making people feel beautiful.
cutey.gif

Teh only downside of the interview was when i got there, one of teh managers brought me outside and said imagine this was an eyeshadow, how would u sell it to me? I said i would see this is kinight divine and u can use this all over the lid, in the crease or on teh outer 3rd of your lid for a smokey eye effect, and i woudl show which brush to use. She corrected em and said it was good except i would have to introduce myself and ask what she was looking for, and if teh lady said a smokey look, knight divine would be a good choice. She didnt state the question and give me a scenario as if she were to say "imagine i was a customer coming in, trying to buy an eyeshadow, how would u sell it to me?" She asked me another question and apologized on how she didnt word it correctly.

Overall I think my demo went well, and the manager was telling me she would call me in about a week and let me know what positions they had available. I wouldnt be working in the MAC pro store bc that would be for people who had more experience with MAC but maybe in MACYs, or Hampton bays (i am from long island). She also explained free lance positions and they were in teh hiring process right now bc the holidays were coming up.

For MAC employees, how do u think i did? It seemed like she was implying i got the job, but i was so nervous i couldnt think to ask anything! lol

ps-sorry its long and about the gramatical errors
winkiss.gif

baybehbekah

Re: I had my Mac demo today, do u think i got it?

it sounds like you did what you could and what you did was good!
smiles.gif

every manager is different and looking for something different. but i think they will like the fact that you knew your stuff, and you seemed really up beat! just keep thinking positively and good luck! if you don't hear from them within the week, give them a call to follow up, i know that helps and makes you look interested.
smiles.gif