I have some urgent and important news!!

Juneplum

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanna
This comes as no surprise, you're extremely talented!!!

DITTO!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!
thmbup.gif
th_wiggle2.gif
greengrin.gif

bellezzadolce

CONGRATS!!!! I know how excited you are. I'v been a M·A·C Artist since May and I've wanted this for so long. So I can honestly say that I know how you feel. Congrats again!

fairytale22

CONGRATULATIONS! So for the MAC artist wannabes-wanna tell us the process? (like if you went to cosmetology school, your interview, etc?)

iiifugaziii

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairytale22
CONGRATULATIONS! So for the MAC artist wannabes-wanna tell us the process? (like if you went to cosmetology school, your interview, etc?)

THANKS EVERYONE!!! YOU'RE ALL SUCH NICE PEOPLE!! I swear it. I love coming here, reading, and posting. We have an awesome little community of makeup enthusiasts here!!

I actually haven't ever been to cosmetology school. I actually have never worked at a makeup counter before. I only have over a year's worth of retail experience!! I talked to a freelance girl today, and she said there were lots of people interviewed and she was surprised that I got hired without any experience! So I must've done something right or maybe they really liked my personality? yay!

If you're a 'mac wanna-be" hehe then I suggest you just do exactly what I did. Dress up, take your resume and app into the manager. talk to her personally. be SUPER friendly and smilie, of course!
they told me they weren't hiring,...and then two months later, I got a message on my answering machine asking me to come in for an interview! I really think they remembered me because I took the time to chat with her and that helps so much rather than just handing it to her and saying, Thanks.
SHow them the outgoing side of your personality and have confidence
smiles.gif
Those are the best words of advice I can give. That's what I did, and I got lucky enough to get a position! So if it can work for me, it can work for someone else too!