I Love New York

IcesUltraGlam7

I just thought I would throw this in.I've been fallowing the show and can tell you I think its hillariously whack! Heat had never said anything about the spanish word for *Grandma* being YaYa. I think this is just what he called her as a kid. like some do in english for NaNa.There was nothing said that in Spanish grandma means "YaYa" its what he called her.And it is very goofy indeed.I laughed to tears when Heat and Twelve pack had stayed up all night drunk doing some crazy things.
I do enjoy watching the white rapper show.I can't stop laughing at the Ghetto Revival guy " Jhon Brown" He sticks to it though.I'm actually watching the show tonight.

MAC_Pixie04

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcesUltraGlam7
I just thought I would throw this in.I've been fallowing the show and can tell you I think its hillariously whack! Heat had never said anything about the spanish word for *Grandma* being YaYa. I think this is just what he called her as a kid. like some do in english for NaNa.There was nothing said that in Spanish grandma means "YaYa" its what he called her.And it is very goofy indeed.I laughed to tears when Heat and Twelve pack had stayed up all night drunk doing some crazy things.
I do enjoy watching the white rapper show.I can't stop laughing at the Ghetto Revival guy " Jhon Brown" He sticks to it though.I'm actually watching the show tonight.

Actually he did, he said "my yaya---which means grandma in spanish--" before he went on. Trust me lol I've been recording this show and watching it since it aired.

"Everyboooddaaaayyyy, rock yo deebaaadeeee" lmao that part was hilarious

lipshock

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamdoll
I hate this show! She has nothing to offer.. she cant even act.. she is ugly her mom looks like a gorilla..
the show is just flat out stupid!
this is my personal opinion and should be respected as such.
She is a slut... kissin all the guys on her show! yeah anyway..
I just dont like it.. I liked flavor of love much better..
he was funny and all..
but new york.. shes just lame..and ignorant.."im not from latin"
ok u effin ignorant b***h there is no such thing as latin..

but anyway.. what ever floats ur boat..

i rather watch the white rapper show..
thats funny!

P.S
yeah no one calls there gramma "yaya"
i heard of "nana" but not that

I hate for this to sound rude but your comment comes off as lame and really ignorant.

There is no reason at all to personally attack another individual, ESPECIALLY when you don't even know the person . . and only know of them through the public "tv" persona. So, stating that someone's mother, mind you, looks like a gorilla is so disrespectul and immature. How would you feel if someone said that about your mother, or someone close to you? It's just not nice.

It's common knowledge that these reality TV shows that certain things are staged and behaviours and conflicts are exaggerated. But the thing to remember is: it is JUST A TELEVISION SHOW.

To add, I have Greek friends that refer to their grandmothers as "Yaya", and apparently it's commonplace to refer to them as such. So, for you to sit there and say otherwise because YOU haven't personally heard someone to use the affectionate nickname, DOES NOT mean NO ONE uses the word.

Admitted, New York does say some rather stupid things, I honestly believe half of it is hyped up 100% and is done for TV purposes: ratings.

hyperRealGurl

Okay everyone its just a TV show.. Does it really mattter what this person called his grandma? Yaya, Nana, Gran Gran, Abuela, granny........... ect. ect...........

MiCHiE

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperRealGurl
Okay everyone its just a TV show..

Right. So how can you (not you, hyperReal) attack someone you don't know over them attacking someone they don't know?
hmm.gif

MAC_Pixie04

Yeah, calling her an ignorant bitch is going way too far...and she obvious meant she's not from a Latin country when she said "I'm not from Latin," she was heated up and offended after just being called "a little black girl" in a context she wasn't farmiliar with, I probably woulda been a little pissed too. When I was little the ice cream man used to call me "negrita" and I got offended and told my friend, I thought he was being racist. She explained that it is in fact a term of endearment and a praise upon darker skinned latin women, such as Brazilian or Dominican women who can have very deep skintones. They think dark skin is absolutely beautiful.
But I straight up thought that ice cream man was calling me a n___er.

hyperRealGurl

Quote:
I hate this show! She has nothing to offer.. she cant even act.. she is ugly her mom looks like a gorilla..
he was funny and all..

thats funny!

P.S

Please refrain from unessesary comments.

Sanne

Quote:
he was funny and all..

thats funny!

P.S

If that's your opinion and should be respected, you might wanna show a little more respect too. It's totally cool to hate the show more than having your arm amputeed, but please keep some respect!!!

lipshock

Hyper, I agree with you: I love, love this show. I don't care what anyone else says, it's hilarious and I always enjoying watching it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanne
If that's your opinion and should be respected, you might wanna show a little more respect too. It's totally cool to hate the show more than having your arm amputeed, but please keep some respect!!!

I couldn't have said it better myself. You're awesome!
smiles.gif

glamdoll

dang! I didnt think it was that bad of a comment.
and no its not like I dedicate my life to hatin on New York..
but after seeing the show it changed my mind about her..
I really liked her in FOL and was upset that Flave would call her back a second time and just make her go through the same thing twice!

and no one ever gets to know a celebrity and we will always only know them by what they give us.. either on TV or in magazines
and yeah no one should judge anyone, but when they are celebrities they pretty much put their face out there for us to do so.
Specially since I think they owe their stardom to the public who watches the show, purchases magazines..
they know what comes with the package.

I didnt mean to offend anyone.

I just dont like that show or her period.

Hawkeye

DAMN YOU ALL TO (BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP)

I hate you ALL

Now you GOT ME WATCHING IT!!! WHY? WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO ME?

And I thought you were all my friends
tong.gif

Anyway- now that I'm watchin it
greengrin.gif

whose goin home (or do you project) - no spoilers yet so I'm going to just post the 4 that remained:

Whiteboy, Real, Tango or chance?

I gotta say it's going to be a toss up between Chance and Tango I think. I think she'll choose Chance too

sexypuma

Thanks for reassuring me. I felt like everyone agreed on how entertaining the show is and i was the odd element.

MiCHiE

I can surely see the entertainment aspect, but it just does nothing for me. At least Flava's funny and his mama....I won't even go there.

tadzio79

whiteboy was booted off tonight, and I kinda wanted him to stick around, but oh well, hehe!

is it just me or is Real starting to act more like Chance? I thought Real was more reserved (or that's how they portrayed him in earlier episodes), but he was straight up immature and got on my nerves when he went on the date with NY and Tango.

It'd be interesting to see what happens next week, it'd be funny if Real and Chance end up being the top 2! the family drama!

sabn786

as much as this is probably one of worst shows on tv..its actually pretty funny..shes gross though..

jdepp_84

I really like this show, Its so entertaining. Im real glad she picked Tango
smiles.gif
and I think she looks so fake with all that makeup on.