i pierced my septum

TeaCup

Did you autoclave it? Or something?

I've had almost everything self done, but I'm down to 00 gauges and my industrial just rejected (That was professionally done).

I'd do my septum, but I have this awkward nose and for the life of me I don't think I could get it -just- right.

BTW you can buy professional gauged needles from modblog's store. They're great and I've used them before and they're just GREAT.

http://www.bmeshop.com/ProductCart/p...p?idCategory=8

BTW. Im not suggesting self piercing! But atleast look it up, sterilize it (just go to the dentist and ask if they could autoclave a needle for you), and mark it out both sides, etc etc. BE CAREFUL.

tara_hearts

I had mine done professionally and it was still a tad crooked. And everyone said I looked like a bull. But it is my favorite piercing and I love it so!

mzreyes

owwwwie!!! I just now pinched my nose with my nails and my eyes started to water. lol...

SparklingWaves

Is there a meaning to the piercing the nose?

Isn't the tongue piercing suppose to be sexual thing and "the Monroe" a beauty mark?

I saw a patient with her entire labia pierced with earrings. I think I know what that was about too. BTW, she refused to remove any of her metals prior to surgery.

I wouldn't advise someone to do piercing on themselves due to possible infection.

kimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklingWaves
Is there a meaning to the piercing the nose?

i know the nostril has a cultural significance in some middle eastern cultures...but i haven't heard of the septum having any cultural roots.

SparklingWaves

Thank you. You are a brave person. I couldn't that. It hurts thinking about it. You must have a high pain tolerance.