I went to an ice igloo restaurant! *pics*

matsubie

wow, thanks for sharing this with us.

blah, there's nothing interesting like an igloo restaurant/bar in nyc.
it's so different and i love it.

i'm glad you guys had a blast. nothing like getting happy and drunk with good company. =)

YvetteJeannine

That's really super super neat! Do they only serve Fondue, or is there anything else?

Thx for the pics., that is the 'coolest' thing (pun not intended
winks.gif
)

Moonspell

It seems a very interesting place and the best thing is where is located.
No sky-scrapers, buildings, disturbing noises, pollution around. Surrounded by nature, it’s perfect. I would definitely go with my husband to a place like that!
Thanks for sharing this amazing experience.

sharkbytes

wow what a gorgeous restaurant!! i just put that on my list of things to do one of these days, lol. Glad you had a great time~

mrheine

oh wow! that's amazing -- everything from the gondola ride to the fondue sounds so much FUN!

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by YvetteJeannine
That's really super super neat! Do they only serve Fondue, or is there anything else?

Thx for the pics., that is the 'coolest' thing (pun not intended
winks.gif
)

This one just has fondue, because well, they don't really have a propper kitchen and there's no electricty inside the igloo so they can't really prepare much other food (the fondue works by gas flame, no electricty needed). Also, it is partially sponsored by Gerber, which is the cheese company that makes the fondue they serve. I've had better fondues than the Gerber one, but well, you go for the experience, not so much the food, hehe.

Babylard

Wow that looks pretty neat! i've always been intriged by anything made out of ice, let alone a restaurant! that is sooo on my to do list before i die!

thanks for sharing, im glad you had a blast!

Rouaa

That looks great! Thank you for shearing.

We have someting similar here in Sweden. It's in a city called Kiruna. In the very north of Sweden. It's an ice hotel! So cool! And cold
th_rolleye0014.gif

haha
smiles.gif

user79

Yeah I have heard about those ice hotels. But damn, I can only handle so much chilliness! Haha...I was glad to warm up propperly when we left, I can't imagine staying there overnight and sleeping on blocks of ice! lol

They do look sooo pretty tho! Like out of the Narnia books, haha..