If I didnt have specktra- I'd DIE! Any advice ladies????

AdlersMommy22

I posted this in the freelancing section but after looking it over i saw no one really posted much on there so i though i would re-post in another thread so hopefully someone can help me out
winkiss.gif

I really really really want to start freelancing for MAC... the guy im seeing is a pro photographer and Im going to start doing the make up for his photoshoots.. hes making me a huge book with all my work in it... He wants me to have a really decent sized portfolio... (hes so supportive its soooo sweet!)...

The problem here is that I dont have a MAC anywhere around me- there are a ton up in Chicago--- the closest is at least 2 hours away from me... so Im not sure what I would do as far as the interview and what not... I have a ton of makeup- all im really lacking in are different foundation shades and what not which im going to have to get over time..

I live in Peoria, IL... and I just dont know what to do... I need some help-- pahleeze! I want to start freelancing professionally for weddings, proms, etc... but moving up to chicago to do that with a 6 month old baby while im still in college is just NOT going to happen right now

advice?????

M.A.C. head.

You don't have to work for MAC to freelance LOL

If you take some make up artistry classes at a local city college, you could get training AND be qualified for a pro card. That will help with your freelance career and the pro card can help with getting a kit together.

AdlersMommy22

Oh haha- I thought I read somewhere that to get certified by MAC to freelance that you had to go in for an interview and stuff...

carandru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdlersMommy22
Oh haha- I thought I read somewhere that to get certified by MAC to freelance that you had to go in for an interview and stuff...

Lol. You would have to be trained by MAC in order to freelance FOR MAC, I would think.

But just to freelance at weddings, proms, and all those other things you listed. You don't have to work for, work with, or even use MAC. You can just go out there and do it if your talent level is good already.

If not, I would try to get into some local classes. You should be able to build up your portfolio pretty easy if you're working hand and hand w/ a photog. Good luck!