If you have to fall...

VioletB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
All my guy friends who climb regularly are built like that. And it's just the coolest thing to watch their backs contract and then EXPLODE with movement.

K.. Are you trying to make us jealous?

Cuz it's working.

I wonder what their muscles would look like.. exploding.. with other movements?

LOL I have to remind myself I'm married.
smiles.gif
This could get dirty.

Shimmer

heh. I'm married, not dead. I look and they KNOW I look and they laugh about it because they look when I'm climbing.

Of course, honestly, it's not at all a sexual atmosphere, and it's more...the people who do it because they love it are the people who appreciate the beauty of the human form...None of my friends (except him...he modeled for awhile) are 'traditionally' hot, but once they're on a wall and the muscle etc. is being used like that, it's pretty fucking hot.
smiles.gif
(example)

j_absinthe

Quote:
All my guy friends who climb regularly are built like that. And it's just the coolest thing to watch their backs contract and then EXPLODE with movement.

Oh to be one of those grip-thingies on those walls.

Or a towel in the showers...

VioletB

Quote:
heh. I'm married, not dead. I look and they KNOW I look and they laugh about it because they look when I'm climbing.

Of course, honestly, it's not at all a sexual atmosphere, and it's more...the people who do it because they love it are the people who appreciate the beauty of the human form...None of my friends (except him...he modeled for awhile) are 'traditionally' hot, but once they're on a wall and the muscle etc. is being used like that, it's pretty fucking hot.
smiles.gif
(example)

I could turn anything into a sexual atmosphere! It's cool if they're 'sceptheirheads" at least they have hot ass bodies that's what counts! LOL

VioletB

Quote:
Heh. I turn the gym into my own little playground when I go in.
smiles.gif

Now we're talkin.

Shimmer

I just like watching him climb. He's good, he's strong, and he's smart about it. I like technical climbers, the style fascinates me because it's so strong.

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Don't try to use your arms to pull yourself up...use your legs to drive yourself up and use your arms to guide yourself, does that make sense? You will have a longer day (and a LOT less soreness) if you don't try to use your arms to pull yourself all day.
Trust your equipment but always always always double check it, then double check your belayer's. Always.
Don't worry about looking like a dork in a high waisted harness. It's designed that way for a reason.
Wear yoga pants & a tank top to give yourself freedom of movement. Plan on not wearing socks, and yes, climbing shoes are supposed to (sort of) hurt a little.

^^ They're the BEST advice EVER!! I told my friends to use their legs to pull/push themselves up and they wouldn't listen. Now they're complaining about how sore their arms are, etc. I'm, on the other hand, fine and un-sore! THANKS, SHiMMER!!
smiles.gif

I am still afraid of heights so I didn't go up too far but at least I tried to climb! It was so embarrassing as hell... A couple of kids went ALL the way up, climbing like they're born monkeys while I struggle and try not to look down every step I take/push myself up! hehe My friend was able to go all the way up to the top as well because she's not afraid of heights. *sighs* Would love to do that again though!!!