Illamasqua Discussion

honey on boost

I wear B20 in Chanel vitalumiere and use the Illamasqua skin base in 6.5. The .5 numbers seem to have the olive/yellow undertones so right now since I'm a little more tan than in the winter I was hoping to play with one of the higher .5 numbers like 7.5 or 8.5 since I'm definitely olive toned and just look so odd in pink or even peach undertones foundations *glares at Guerlain sample* ! I haven't tried the higher numbers on me but my best guess (I admit I'm not a makeup professional :D) is that B30 would have to be up in higher numbers like 9, 10, or 11 and then with a .5 if you need the olive/yellow undertone. I kinda rambled but I hope this was a little helpful. Good luck with your hunt! Do you have a location nearby where you can play with testers?
Thank you! I'm going to give the 6.5 a shot. Illamasqua recommended Sb5 but I'm not too sure that will work.

stephshopaholic

It sucks that we can't get illamasqua in the US anymore, I really love their lipsticks, especially kontrol. I really want Apocalips but I'm not sure if it was ever even available here. I suppose when I have $83 to burn I'll grab that and a few other products from their site. I was just going to buy a few of their items from sephora not too long ago and now poof they're gone. :(

Howards End

My reaction when I realized Bloomngdales dropped Illamasqua https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oymK60EmzyU Well, I'm glad I got Swarm and Blizzard at Bloomies before the exit. It's time to explore a-England!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Although I don't know how I'll be able to get it here, I am already in love with Once nail polish. http://www.reallyree.com/2014/08/illamasqua-once-nail-varnish-melange-swatch.html

thefbomb

If theres some Canadian girls (or boys) looking here, the counters in The Bay are closing now as well and it looks like we will have to buy online. Theyre currently running 25% off. Its disappointing that us American/Canadian folks can no longer go pick it up in stores. I did manage to pick up 5 Blushes and 3 lipsticks though haha. totally want more though, not going to lie

Maris Crane

Quote:Originally Posted by thefbomb

If theres some Canadian girls (or boys) looking here, the counters in The Bay are closing now as well and it looks like we will have to buy online. Theyre currently running 25% off.
It is taking every fibre of my being not to order Skin Base @ the 25% off. I gave in and threw in Hollow last week to my Chanel order and I'm kind of unsure how I feel about it. But I was hoping I could test out Skin Base for a destination wedding. I don't need anymore foundation though so I'm holding off...

vaisforluvrs

http://www.reallyree.com/2014/08/illamasqua-once-nail-varnish-melange-swatch.html
eyelove.gif
I need this! I just might have to buy it direct and pay the crazy shipping prices.

thefbomb

Quote:Originally Posted by thefbomb

If theres some Canadian girls (or boys) looking here, the counters in The Bay are closing now as well and it looks like we will have to buy online. Theyre currently running 25% off.
It is taking every fibre of my being not to order Skin Base @ the 25% off. I gave in and threw in Hollow last week to my Chanel order and I'm kind of unsure how I feel about it. But I was hoping I could test out Skin Base for a destination wedding. I don't need anymore foundation though so I'm holding off...
Ahh temptation is so tough!

pnfpn

I got my order with the new nail polish and cream shadow this morning as I was leaving for work. I took the polish with me haha. I stuck a pic on my IG http://instagram.com/p/scQFNhjs90/

I'm kind of disappointed that the green isn't as bright as blogger pics showed it but it's still very pretty. The gold through it is stunning. I love it!

Howards End

Wow it's gorgeous I hope Illamasqua releases more than 1 nail varnish in upcoming Fall/Winter collections! If I had known about their exit from the US I would have hurried over to a Bloomies counter and swatched the Glamore nude l/s line :(

ARGIRO248

It have being very long since me last order from illamasqua.i want the sophie blush and fable lipstick(my wedding lipstick)

zosojacks

I just popped into Hudson's Bay last night and saw that all Illamasqua products are now 50% off. Scored 2 nail polishes I had been eying for a while, Jo'mina and Ruthless. Soooo sad to see them go!

thefbomb

I just popped into Hudson's Bay last night and saw that all Illamasqua products are now 50% off. Scored 2 nail polishes I had been eying for a while, Jo'mina and Ruthless. Soooo sad to see them go!
Ooh maybe I'll pop into the bay at lunch or something though last time I went there were a lot of things sold out already

MAC_Fafinette14

I picked up a bunch of things I'd wanted but didn't get 'til now, because I doubt I'd get them at regular price. I got a backup of Nomad, since that nail polish is indescribably gorgeous. Also backed up Creep eye shadow--it's tough to find a good cool-toned lavender shade, and Creep is exactly that.

The shades I wanted but never saw in-person, I'll have to suck it up and order online.

Indian Barbie

Hey guys it's been a long time since I started this thread! For some reason I just can't get excited about Illamasqua products; many of the stuff I have bought over the recent years have had poor staying power or have not matched the quality of some drugstore brands. There hasn't been a new collection out that has wow'd me like there used to.

There's the latest one (http://www.illamasqua.com/shop/collections/facets/) which look cool but now there are so many drugstore brands in the UK (SleekMakeUP, Makeup Revolution) with fantastic pigmentation and quality for a fraction of the cost so I can't justify the prices that Illamasqua are charging. Any thoughts?

pnfpn

My problem with Facets is I have a few of the colours already in single form. It's not worth it to buy the palettes for duplicates! I really like their nail polishes and their Glamore lipsticks, t heir gel liner is HG for me but I've gotten all I want from the brand.

LivN

For me, powder blushes are the highlight of their line. They are amazing, I hope they will refresh the line with some new shades soon. Nail polishes are great as well, and I really liked their powder foundation. Can't fault any of those, great textures, great pigment.

I'd love to try Gleam in Aurora, cream pigments in Delirium and Hollow, eye pencils in Vow, Honour and Seize and some of the lip pencils.

I agree regarding the new collections though, they seem to repromote a lot of products instead of releasing new ones.

madameb

Canadians- Bay Queen still has 50% off at Illamasqua. All other stores have shipped remaining stock there. No testers though.

Latest posts