I'm giving Motif another chance

Kat

Hi Everyone

I was pretty into mac a few years ago and I've had a bit of a haitus when I got lazy and stopped wearing makeup to work. I'm in a new role now and trying to give off an aura of put-together-professionalism so I've started to use my stash daily again.
thmbup.gif

I've managed to work almost everything I have into my everyday rotation but I've recently come across 'Motif' e/s again...I never had the motivation to make this work before but I'm determined now so...

How do you use Motif?

If I use it as a wash on the lid by itself it makes me look sickly in a yellowy kind of way so I'm looking for alternatives and combinations to make it pretty. For reference I'm an NC20/25 ish
smiles.gif

Thanks!
cutey.gif

Lyssah

I'm fair with dark hair and I always get compliments when I wear it with Naked Lunch in the inner lid, Motif mid lid, Expensive Pink on the outer lid/crease with Ricepaper to highlight.

Kat

Oh that sounds like a great idea toxaemia - thank you! I don't have Naked Lunch but I'm sure I can get close enough with one of the other million shadows I have and I love any chance to use expensive pink!
thmbup.gif

Kat

well, I was excited so I tried this immediately with Phloof instead of Naked Lunch. Good call! Looks great - and gives me another use for Phloof which is another one I don't use often.

Thanks
smiles.gif

Karen_B

I am NC20, freckly with blue eyes, and I like using Motif on top of Penny shadestick, with Nocturnelle in the crease, Naked p/m to highlight and Prunella to line. It also looks nice with a brown in the crease, such as Chocolate Brown pigment or Handwritten e/s.

Twinkle_Twinkle

I recently paired Motif with Shale and a brown shade that I can't recall. Sounds weird, but it came out well. I used Rubenesque as a base, but I'll probably use Coral Crepe in the future.

Lyssah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat
well, I was excited so I tried this immediately with Phloof instead of Naked Lunch. Good call! Looks great - and gives me another use for Phloof which is another one I don't use often.

Thanks
smiles.gif

Most welcome! I'm glad you like it
smiles.gif
.... Good Choice with replacing Naked Lunch with Phloof
winks.gif

Enchantedcameo

I just recently purchased this color and love it. I use it with Warm and Cozy shadestick as a base, texture in the crease, a winged out liner or cat eye liner. It looks really look its my quick make up look.

katred

Specktra Bestie
This is one of my all-time favourites. I have had the experience of getting that icky yellow look when I've tried it under the brow, so now I use it on the lid.

I find it looks really nice with Contrast in the outer corner and Shale in the crease- this can be either subtle or intense, depending on how much Contrast you use.

erine1881

just yesterday i did motif on the inner fourth, followed by goldenrod, then firecracker (from TTB) and red brick on the outer fourth with winged black liner. it looked like a sunset!

jennyfee

Bump!
smiles.gif

I use Paradisco on my lid, Vibrant Grape in my crease, Vanilla right under my brow, and Motif to shade the transition between Vibrant Grape and Vanilla
smiles.gif

LC

i've recently started using motif as a cheek highlighter. I don't go crazy with it, but it's soo beautiful