I'm NEVER buying from e-bay again....Please Help...

Hey everyone,

I'm new to Specktra and have been checking out the counterfeit MAC section. I thought e-bay was a great place to save a couple dollars on mac but now, I wish I never purchased anything! I'm not sure I will even be able to enjoy the items I bought because in my mind, I'll be wondering whether they are real or not.

Here are the items I bought. Can you give me your honest opinion on whether or not you think they are fake! I would appreciate it...

MAC Cosmetics Eyeshadow Pigment ~ TAN ~ NIB - eBay (item 360045441128 end time May-01-08 19:43:00 PDT)

NIB Mac Eye Shadow - Springtime Skipper- .04 oz - eBay (item 130216036007 end time Apr-26-08 11:35:24 PDT)

Brand New MAC Eyeshadow Refill in BRULE - eBay (item 360044541118 end time Apr-26-08 08:08:38 PDT)

Blushbaby

My Tan pigment is darker than that ...could just be the camera flash though.

I buy off Ebay regularly. I guess I've just been lucky.

Bearing in mind products that I've bought instore have had the same inaccuracies pointed out on the counterfeit thread I take it with a pinch of salt! Unless the MAC stores are peddling fakes ...go figure (!)

Personally I think it's impossible for every single product to be produced exactly the same.

rockin

I agree the Tan doesn't look quite right. To me, the lid looks too shiny and domed, and the bottom of the jar looks a little thick. I don't know what this colour should look like, so I can't judge it that way

TDoll

The MAC label on the pigment is too large and too close to the center... the authentic ones would be slightly smaller and a little above center. I can't tell about the others though!
I'm scared to order any cosmetics off ebay! You really never know!
I'm going to post something soon about spotting fakes!

i got the tan pigment today and the brule refill....here's the skinny...

the brule refill is authentic. no concerns about that.

but the tan pigment i definetly think it's fake. everything you guys said was true. the shiny lid and the color pay off/texture is off. the box looked so genuine i was excited at first but when i took off the lid I just got the creeps. I will be posting pics soon!