I'm NEVER buying from e-bay again....Please Help...

rocking chick

I have bought Barbie Loves MAC eyeshadows from the 1st batch,the label MAC is "white". The 2nd batch is "black" but it is definately authentic.

marciehelene

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
I vaguely remember the "second lot" of the BLM shadows that came out in the USA as having black writing on the top of the case. These were a second batch made and shipped after the first batch went mad...

Can anyone in the states confirm? I'll look for the posts on here tonight if no one can verify this.

edit: verified by this thread. The second batch of stock had black writing on the lid.

my mistake.

i based my judgment off of the BLM e/s's i owned. i was not aware that the 2nd batch of packaging was different but that is very good to know for future reference.

thank you. =)

toby_is_cute

I think you are fine with the Barbie e/s. Has anyone heard of someone having a fake Barbie blush or e/s? The people making this fake stuff want to do it as cheap as possible, why would they emboss the Barbie logo on the shadow? No way that would be too expensive.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by toby_is_cute
I think you are fine with the Barbie e/s. Has anyone heard of someone having a fake Barbie blush or e/s? The people making this fake stuff want to do it as cheap as possible, why would they emboss the Barbie logo on the shadow? No way that would be too expensive.

yes, there ARE fake barbie e/s and blushes so dont assume anything when it comes to counterfeits
winks.gif

In case anyone was wondering, I got the Barbie Loves MAC eyeshadow today and I knew instantly it was real. It passed the tests lol. I'm still confused about tan pigment. I'm going to take it to a counter this week and I will keep you guys posted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
Yes - the number above the name is what I was referring to. Most of the fake pigments had the numbers stamped BELOW the name. Of course that doesnt exclude yours as being a fake because the quality of the pics arent great its too hard to tell and the fakes keep being updated, but if the number is above the name then that *might* be a good sign.

The best bet to make sure you are buying authentic is to buy direct from mac unless you are prepared to take the risk, and really its better not to if you havent owned the authentic to begin with because you have nothing to compare to. Most of the NEW LEs are still OK to buy from ebay, but stay away from all the regular colours and some of the older LEs because some of them like Accent Red, Coco, Aire De Blu etc etc are being faked too.

That is very helpful. Yes mine is stamped above the name, so there is a chance it may be real. I still need to go to a counter to verify. I'm not going to buy mac from ebay...there is just too much fake crap on there. I do have some mac that I purchased directly from the counter or website, not as much as you Specktra members of course, but since I haven't had tan pigment to begin with..I don't have anything to compare it to.

I'm learning a lot you guys thanks!

redambition

it's great to hear that your barbie shadow is definitely real
smiles.gif
good luck with the tan pigment - i hope it's the real thing as well (because no one likes to get a counterfeit product!)